Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #1

Girls & Boxsters.

One thing I have noticed since my acquisition of this wonderful piece of machinery is my Sex appeal has doubled if not tripled to the opposite Sex not that I'm complaining but has anyone else noticed this?

Old 11-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #2

Lots of lustfull looks from motorcycle folks, and one cute pink outfitted girl. T-mobile girl I think

Seems like the pickup truck drivers, and honda Acordian folks are enamered too, because they want to race apparently.

The girls don.t look because they are too busy texting to look out the window while driving.

It probably because my car is black. Girls repond better to primary colors like yellow or red.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:39 AM   #3

Correct. Girls love Porsches. Case in point, my 14.5 and 12 year old daughters love the Porsches. The wife, not so much. That's all I got.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #4

I get very positive reactions from women and children. It's almost as if guys are trying to be too cool to notice.
schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #5

i get dudes pointing my car out to their kids - "look son, a porsche". father and son bonding over a piece of cool machinery; good by me.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #6

Garage
Your asking the "libertine" of motoring himself. As a result of the Dangermobile, this is what I step out to every morning standing in front of my garage !!
Attached Images

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 11-04-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #7
recycledsixtie

Garage
Yes I agree my wife does not like it much even though it has seated seats, good air cond. Women seem to like it and it seems that it is the car responsible for that. Maybe women think that I have got money. I used to have more $$$ before the Boxster!
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
Can't say I've been getting lustful looks from the womenfolk, unless the extended digit from the "lady" in a 300ZX was considered lust.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #9

Garage
See what you started ! Now I've got dogs to care for also !
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #10

Was your Father a mechanic? Then how did you get such a finely tuned body?

Old 11-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavor 987S View Post
Correct. Girls love Porsches. Case in point, my 14.5 and 12 year old daughters love the Porsches. The wife, not so much. That's all I got.
+1 Wife hates the Boxster. If she's in it, the tops up, then she complains the seats are uncomfortable.

But when I'm in it alone with the top down......... same story. But then again, I'm short, fat, and balding, well not balding yet, but short and fat.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:45 AM   #12

They've actually studied the impact of the Boxster from a "sexual signaling" standpoint in 2009. Three university professors combined on the paper. Below are the results. In short, women are attracted to men who drive sports cars (Boxster was singled out in the study) but do not see them as serious long-term partners. Whew!

http://www.csom.umn.edu/assets/164441.pdf
d18mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:49 AM   #13

Garage
Gee, all these years I thought that men were responsible for "objectifying" women ?
Old 11-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #14

My girlfriend likes my Boxster
Mighty Shilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #15
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Johnny has the only search engine that only finds pictures from the 70s and 80s...how do you do it Johnny how do you it.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #16

Garage
Here in Houston I get the "Thumbs Up" quite often from guys. Women, are a different story. They definitely look and I... but.. I.. I'm totally committed to my woman and I do not dare give female lookers any satisfaction!!!! I am confident most here share my opinion. Think about it... how wrong is it to use a finely tuned piece of machinery to seduce and lure women?? Think about her feelings. She looks at you while she is riding with her man in a Mustang or 350Z. Now you have caused an argument in their relationship ending in a brief separation all because of YOU! That is just wrong.

I'm just saying
Age008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by d18mike View Post
They've actually studied the impact of the Boxster from a "sexual signaling" standpoint in 2009. Three university professors combined on the paper. Below are the results. In short, women are attracted to men who drive sports cars (Boxster was singled out in the study) but do not see them as serious long-term partners. Whew!

http://www.csom.umn.edu/assets/164441.pdf
Why can't I open this?
Old 11-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #18

Junk science, in my view. In their analysis they focused on the Porsche Boxster as being a 'showy product', or a sign of conspicuous consumption. Hence, they interpreted their data so as to conclude, inter alia, that women perceived the men with a Porsche as opposed to a Honda Civic, as being significantly more interested in short-term sexual relationships because of conspicuous consumption. While their study may establish a correlation in the minds of women between Porsches and an interest in short-term sexual relationships by the men who own them, I would suggest that it is impossible to conclude that it is simply because Porsches represent 'conspicuous consumption' by their male owners. It may also be that to women, Porsche ownership says the following about a man: he is virile, has a fun-loving/devil-may-care attitude, a desire for the sensual experience of speed, a greater prediliction for risk and an enhanced appreciation of a curvaceous and sensual form!

Conspicuous consumptioin be damned!

Brad

PS I was actually being (somewhat) serious! If they had wanted to find a correlation between conspicuous consumption and sexual signaling, surely it would have been better to use a vehicle that was less exciting and sexy - perhaps a Rolls Royce, which is certainly emblematic of conspicuous consumption, but which does not possess the Porsche's other attributes that may also be sexually suggestive to some women.

Last edited by southernstar; 11-08-2012 at 10:00 AM. Reason: added the PS
southernstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #19

Forgetting about the 'science' of a Boxster's sex appeal, I would have to agree that they and their drivers do seem to attract the attention of the opposite sex. Frankly, that seems to be even more true when my wife is driving the Boxster - of course, she is a tall, gorgeous blonde who is about 18 years younger than I am! Anyway, adolescents, bikers and transport truck drivers seem to become particularly entranced. Hell. so do I! There is something incredibly sexy about watching her right hand enveloping the shift knob while she is winding it through the gears..... and believe me, its got nothing to do with 'conspicuous consumption'.

Brad
southernstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #20

Garage
I conferred with my attorney who indicated there may something to this but recommended I avoid further comment ......

BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote