Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #1

construction truck damage

I was enjoying a nice drive with my wife when a construction truck merged into my lane from the entrance ramp of the highway. I heard objects hitting my car and immediately changed lanes and slowed down, realizing the truck was losing gravel from its load. I managed to get the license plate number but doubt anything will come of it. I do have full coverage insurance, although with a $500 deductible. The damage I see is to the hood, front bumper, driver side front fender, passenger mirror, and windshield. Now that is enough to ruin the ride.

jesseborgelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
jakesbox

Sounds like a perfect time for a new respray!!
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #3

Had the same thing happen to me. I had just purchased my Infiniti FX45 and immediately took it south to Vegas for a roadtrip.
I was on I5 doing about 80 and got stuck behind a gravel truck. Winds were super gusty and was blowing big loads of gravel on my car, effectively sandblasting the front. The front window had so many tiny little chips it looked like a kaleidoscope. The lights and windshield were a mess but to Infiniti's credit the paint polished out perfectly.
The CHP would file a report but I never could get anybody to tell who the owner was.
Skrapmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:31 AM   #4

I would definately file the official traffic crash report, and give the officer the license plate number. After a week, get a copy, and the gravel truck owners information will be on it. Go get an estimate from a referral from the Porsche dealership. Send it to your insurance company to submit the claim. Construction company crews have high dollar liabilities. Go have a beer, and see what happens.