Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #1

Is this the right vacuum line (engine to booster)?

My 2000 S has an vacuum leak in a line leaving the left front of the manifold at the point where number 23 is shown in this diagram. The hose goes left and down under the car heading forward. I'm almost positive it's the vacuum feed for the brake booster.

The online parts places and Porsche catalog show the following diagram. Is number 14 below the right part? My line is leaking at the accordian section at the top where it has rubbed on the chassis. It looks like this line has a junction under the car.

Can anybody confirm if I'm on the right track here? I'm getting ready to order part 14. If anybody has performed this repair and has any insight I'm all ears.

Dale_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #2

Yes, that is the brake booster line.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #3

Thanks. Looks like $47. Hope it fixes my "running lean, can't enrich any further" codes.
Dale_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #4

How do I tell if the brake booster vacuum line is leaking? My brake pedal sticks in the downward position and I sometime have to raise it with my foot. I believe is is either the booster or vacuum line. I have a 1999 Boxster. Any help would be appreciated.
jdilbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
1999 base

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdilbeck View Post
How do I tell if the brake booster vacuum line is leaking? My brake pedal sticks in the downward position and I sometime have to raise it with my foot. I believe is is either the booster or vacuum line. I have a 1999 Boxster. Any help would be appreciated.
that is not a leak you have. when air leaks out of booster line, it will be hard to apply the brake and not the other way around. if i was you, i would definitely have the brake master cylinder and booster checked.

Meir is offline   Reply With Quote