Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
2 fast 4 U

Thumbs up Best car wax system?

Hi Everyone I am sure this has been talked about to death. I would like some opinions of what complete system some of you use when you detail your car. Tell me what products you use or prefer and the steps you take. From the first step of washing the car the the final step of waxing. Also where you get your products.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #2

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/35847-best-wax-car.html
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #3

Always keep in mind, it's more about your actual process and preperation, than the actual products and brand you use. In other words, Turtle Wax is probobly a GREAT product IF your car is properly washed, clayed, washed and polished (paint correction) prior to your final coat of wax/sealant. Some products may go on easier. Some may come off easier. Some may last longer. Some may smell better. Whatever.

I've had grea sucess over the years with Zaino sealant (Z2 and Z5), and now the last couple years only use RejeX Wax (sealant) purchased from Bumperplugs. Most of my other detailing supplies come from Detailer's Domain.

A few tips and thoughts:

1) Quality towels are a MUST
2) I blow-dry my cars 95% with a leaf blower
3) Foam gun
4) 1 bucket of wash water for wheels, another for the lower (dirtier half) of the car, and the 3rd bucket of wash water for the final car wash. Clean fresh wash mit for each of the 3 buckets
5) Dedicated towels. Glass only towels. Wheel only towels. Paint only towels, for example. Never use fabric softener to wash your towels
6) Never own a black car

I am sure others will add to this quick list.

The last couple years I have gotten my cars professionally detailed (exterior only) prior to winter hibernation. I do this mainly because I have NEVER mastered my PC Orbital Polisher and need the help to get both cars ready at year-end.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #4

Exterior-Wash, clay bar, Meguires Swirl X, wash, Meguires Nextech 2.0, with the occasional Meguires detailing spray for touch ups between washes. Mothers Back to Black for the black, for the top, 303 Aerospace protectant.

Interior- Leatherique leather kit, with soapy water followed Lexol for maintenance.

Works good for me on both my black and red cars.
Skrapmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
Ex Esso kid

It's subjective of course but as a guy who prepped cars all the way back to when Gary's royal satin was the shiz, I can attest to the fact that Blackfire products are the best for the money, as good or better than P21 and a lot less.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310 View Post
It's subjective of course but as a guy who prepped cars all the way back to when Gary's royal satin was the shiz, I can attest to the fact that Blackfire products are the best for the money, as good or better than P21 and a lot less.
I like P21S - but buy S100. Its the same stuff - except packaged for motorcycles and costs about half the price of P21S.
Lawdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:34 AM   #7

Garage
It's been around for years. Just don't use it on the paint.
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2012, 05:19 AM   #8

Griots is my choice of products.
Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #9

Johhny, maybe you could send Redeye a small sample of that Swiss wax to try out.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #10

Garage
Quote:
I would like some opinions of what complete system some of you use when you detail your car.
When I lived in Cali, the system i used was Miguel and Pablo. excellent but hard to get in the UK..

i've just given BH Korrosol a while on the car (like Iron-X) very good. as for polish and finishing i'm a user of Auto Glym.
2x Range Rover Classic & CSK
Bruce Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #11
2 fast 4 U

Swiss wax sure I would love a sample. I am always looking for products that really do the job and are not just hype. I want to bring out the deep color of my gaurds red Boxster.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #12

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
Johhny, maybe you could send Redeye a small sample of that Swiss wax to try out.
Sure. I still have 4 jars of it sitting around .
Old 09-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #13
Ex Esso kid

Redeye, don't pull his finger, trust me we've read the results.

Detailing was my first job, is my hobby and as such I have tried almost everything. Check this place out, they have a lot of great products.
Autopia Car Care Products - Car Detailing Supplies, Car Wax, Car Polishers, Auto Detailing

The sonus line is German, it's good stuff the blackfire is better, last time Mr. Danger was selling a wax here it was um well Dolphin wax let's just say.

Last edited by Ghostrider 310; 09-13-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #14

Garage
Seriously, I detailed the Dangermobile with this stuff today. Don't ask me why or how ? But, it does an amazing job. Far better than most of the foo-foo boutique products that I've tried in the past.
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #15

Garage
Is this guy a "guido" or what ?????

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHr5O8Y0tNk&feature=related
Old 09-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeye280z View Post
Hi Everyone I am sure this has been talked about to death. I would like some opinions of what complete system some of you use when you detail your car. Tell me what products you use or prefer and the steps you take. From the first step of washing the car the the final step of waxing. Also where you get your products.
Canadian vendor ----> eShine Canada, Car, Wax, Polish, Polisher, Tire Dressings, Detailing Supplies, RV, Truck, Boat, Automotive, upholstery, marine, convertible, Microfiber

Call them for all your needs.

2010 Ford F150 FX4 Luxury

Retired after 38 years with the same company.
Jaak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
detail , wax