View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
Flavor 987S

Always keep in mind, it's more about your actual process and preperation, than the actual products and brand you use. In other words, Turtle Wax is probobly a GREAT product IF your car is properly washed, clayed, washed and polished (paint correction) prior to your final coat of wax/sealant. Some products may go on easier. Some may come off easier. Some may last longer. Some may smell better. Whatever.

I've had grea sucess over the years with Zaino sealant (Z2 and Z5), and now the last couple years only use RejeX Wax (sealant) purchased from Bumperplugs. Most of my other detailing supplies come from Detailer's Domain.

A few tips and thoughts:

1) Quality towels are a MUST
2) I blow-dry my cars 95% with a leaf blower
3) Foam gun
4) 1 bucket of wash water for wheels, another for the lower (dirtier half) of the car, and the 3rd bucket of wash water for the final car wash. Clean fresh wash mit for each of the 3 buckets
5) Dedicated towels. Glass only towels. Wheel only towels. Paint only towels, for example. Never use fabric softener to wash your towels
6) Never own a black car

I am sure others will add to this quick list.

The last couple years I have gotten my cars professionally detailed (exterior only) prior to winter hibernation. I do this mainly because I have NEVER mastered my PC Orbital Polisher and need the help to get both cars ready at year-end.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote