Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2021, 02:24 PM   #6441

Garage
Both mine need replacing as well. I have them temporarily patched.

If I remember correctly, they’re about 260 bucks per side from Porsche

Bill Ladd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 03:28 PM   #6442
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Both mine need replacing as well. I have them temporarily patched.

If I remember correctly, they’re about 260 bucks per side from Porsche
Wow. I'm off work for a few days on Wednesday. I'll organize what I have and post them in the classified section for a more reasonable price.
Old 10-11-2021, 06:19 PM   #6443

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
Wow. I'm off work for a few days on Wednesday. I'll organize what I have and post them in the classified section for a more reasonable price.
If you have a set, I’d be interested.
Bill Ladd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 06:30 PM   #6444

I passed some cars and got passed by a lot more!
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 08:12 PM   #6445

PaulE - that looks like so much fun! It's been awhile since I've been on the track. I'm looking to get back soon.

Tonight I'm having kind of a downer of an evening - lots on my mind - your picture transformed my mood immediately - it gave me a good feeling and put a smile on my face - thanks!
Old 10-12-2021, 03:07 AM   #6446

Garage
I used sandpaper on mine for the first time

Ultimately I think I'll need the hood and the trunk deck sprayed. But I'm going slow and seeing what I can do.
Radman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 03:57 PM   #6447

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTele58 View Post
PaulE - that looks like so much fun! It's been awhile since I've been on the track. I'm looking to get back soon.

Tonight I'm having kind of a downer of an evening - lots on my mind - your picture transformed my mood immediately - it gave me a good feeling and put a smile on my face - thanks!
Glad I could help!
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
Old 10-15-2021, 05:41 PM   #6448

Garage
Installed secondary cat delete pipes. Didn`t make any difference in sound ., if anything, I think the car is quieter now.
986 Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 06:01 PM   #6449

Garage
Finally got the P0141 code. Cleared and came back a week later. I had anticipated this

happening since I have 115 k on the car. I was going to preemptively replace the entire

SAI system so In May I placed my order to Pelican and was going to install but with

temps at 100 deg i put it off. The Check engine light came and let me know it was time.

The cause of the failure was the vacuum canister had a small crack on the bottom.

Picture of the parts replaced.

911monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 03:14 PM   #6450
Teddyonine

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
Best of luck for a full and speedy recovery! Not the same, but maybe someone can take you for a ride in your car while the weather is cooperating.
Thanks for the well wishes…. Had a few setbacks since I posted that message but doing better. I still can’t drive, but I was up to wiping down the Boxster with a polishing cloth yesterday. Put the top up to stretch out the wrinkles as I’ve had the top down for months. Hooked up the trickle charger to top off the battery and managed to straighten out the garage a little bit. Altogether: while not much, it was a little sense of normalcy in what’s been an incredibly chaotic time. The forum has been a bright spot so thanks to all who contribute the wisdom advice and experiences we all share with these wonderful cars.
Teddyonine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 03:28 PM   #6451

I tried to install a Circuit Werks muffler - didn’t go so well…..
cdyer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:52 AM   #6452

Garage
This weekend we went for a drive with the local PCA club. Good time and wife enjoyed it so we'll do more. Nice people, even though we clearly had the least expensive car lol!
Radman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 12:07 PM   #6453
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Pulled the cover off the '04 Special Edition today and drove it to work. Realized that I really need to make time to just go for a long drive to nowhere.

Old 11-08-2021, 03:09 AM   #6454
Seal1968

Nice looking Special sir!

I drove mine around all day yesterday with the top down. Not too often I can do that in November around these parts. About 13C out, sunny.

Felt good.
Seal1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 09:13 AM   #6455

Garage
What happened? which version V2 or ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdyer77 View Post
I tried to install a Circuit Werks muffler - didn’t go so well…..
Did you get it sorted ?
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 03:04 PM   #6456

Over the last couple of days I swapped my 18 inch wheels and track tires for my 17 inch wheels and tires, pulled out my racing seats and harnesses and installed my standard seats, and replaced my headlight switch. Next week my radio should be repaired by Becker and hopefully that's it for repairs for a while!
Old 11-10-2021, 05:41 PM   #6457

As usual, looked at lots of way overpriced Boxsters posted for sale online on various sites.

I can't get over the 'new math'.

1. I bought a 2000 Box S in August 2008 for $15K. The included sticker showed the MSRP of $57K so I bought it for basically 30% of MSRP. Fast forward to today. A base 2013 Boxsters are $43-$50K. I looked at one in particular that was is a low mileage car available for $49.9K. Best I can tell, the car, as optioned would have had an MSPR of ~$66K. a similar 30% valuation would put this car at ~$22K. Instead, asking price is over double. Crazy times!
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 05:51 AM   #6458

The whole free market system is a little whack right now and there will always be those that have more means or less intelligence to overpay and skew things in the short term. However, I still remain a firm believer in the free market system and it's ability to eventually right itself. Patience will reap rewards in the end.
Jgkram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 06:52 AM   #6459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgkram View Post
The whole free market system is a little whack right now and there will always be those that have more means or less intelligence to overpay and skew things in the short term. However, I still remain a firm believer in the free market system and it's ability to eventually right itself. Patience will reap rewards in the end.
Except we actually have a regulated system.
azlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 12:05 PM   #6460

Not sure what you mean exactly by "regulated" system but the definition of a free market is an economic system based on supply and demand with little or no government control. It's characterized mostly by a spontaneous and decentralized arrangement allowing individuals, for the most part, to make their own economic decisions. In context to this discussion, sellers can ask what they want and buyers will either pay it or not. So, when the means ($$$) run out or the buyers get smart enough to not overpay, prices will equilibrate. Again...patience.

Jgkram is offline   Reply With Quote