Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2014, 06:31 AM   #1061

I got two extra mounted fans on my car incase it'd ever get too warm.
Added two new switches. Might be a little too much japaneese drinfting car looking, but it does look great in real when you see it. I'm pleased with the result anyway.

HolmaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:33 AM   #1062

Stupid amount of grip.

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:45 PM   #1063

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolmaN View Post
I got two extra mounted fans on my car incase it'd ever get too warm.
Added two new switches. Might be a little too much japaneese drinfting car looking, but it does look great in real when you see it. I'm pleased with the result anyway.

Hi, Where did you mount the Fans? I would love to do the same.

Thank you.
NJBoxster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:42 AM   #1064

Garage
Started tear down to diagnose my cooling and suspension problems. (I really, really, hope they are not related!

Pulled the bumper and the condenser. Lot of junk in there, but not as terrible as some of the pics I've seen.

Both fans are working when I run the A/C. I bought a new model radiator cap so I'll give that a whirl and maybe between cleaning and the new cap, that was all it was. I'm leaving the bumper off for a week or two so I have time to decide if I'm smart enough to put a wire grating behind the air vents in the bumper.

Also, I installed a new alarm horn. I still have to figure out the beeps, but if someone tries to break in, at least they won't only get some flashing lights.
CoBeerToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:43 PM   #1065

Garage

Made up my OBC harness ready to install next weekend
danch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:21 PM   #1066

Had a visit from FedEx and UPS today so I got a chance to do some tinkering on the car.
Not pictured is the intake "de-snorkel". I didn't quiet remove the entire thing but just the plate that covers the tube as well as the bowl right before the inlet of the tube.

Pedro's Hi-flo intake mod

Simple custom muffler mod: race bullet mufflers(chambered) with an OEM 987 cross section

and also got a chance to wrap a couple other interior trim pieces(srry about the messy car. Just got home from school at the time and I was so excited about the mail that I ran back straight into the garage.

Top_Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:23 AM   #1067

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_mota View Post
Had a visit from FedEx and UPS today so I got a chance to do some tinkering on the car.
Not pictured is the intake "de-snorkel". I didn't quiet remove the entire thing but just the plate that covers the tube as well as the bowl right before the inlet of the tube.

Pedro's Hi-flo intake mod

Simple custom muffler mod: race bullet mufflers(chambered) with an OEM 987 cross section

and also got a chance to wrap a couple other interior trim pieces(srry about the messy car. Just got home from school at the time and I was so excited about the mail that I ran back straight into the garage.

Can you please take a pic of the rear from a higher point of view. Does it look empty with just one in "walking by"-hight?

With kind regards, HolmaN.
HolmaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:24 PM   #1068

Garage
This arrived today so time to get it fitted next week Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1400189125601.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  30.9 KB

Old 05-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolmaN View Post
Can you please take a pic of the rear from a higher point of view. Does it look empty with just one in "walking by"-hight?

With kind regards, HolmaN.
You really can't see the exhaust coming out from the rear bumper. still waiting on the 987 exhaust tip to complete it. It does look nice though with just the one tip under the bumper.

Top_Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:02 PM   #1070

Removed the intake snorkle. I broke the clip nearest to the door, but the scoop is re-installed tight, so unless it starts rattling, I think it will be fine. I'm liking the increased sound.
coloradojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:53 AM   #1071
adc

I sold it.
adc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:57 AM   #1072

Garage
It's probably cheesy, but I'll roll with it for a few months. For $12, I couldn't pass it up.

CoBeerToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:35 PM   #1073
recycledsixtie

Garage
Stuck a needle into the two nozzles of the windshield washer. No harm in trying that to fix the windshield washers that do not work. Put additional w/s fluid in the tank but noticed the fluid ends up on the ground. W/s washer pump makes noise so that is not the problem so there must be a leak in the tank. Will go to automotive store to get a torx driver set......

Car has been pretty reliable for a few months and have only spent a $100 on non routine maintenance so far this year.
G.
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:07 PM   #1074
Usercpy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by danch View Post
This arrived today so time to get it fitted next week Attachment 18533

You have to do a writeup of this, interesting to hear feedback of sound, performance etc.....

Old 05-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #1075

Garage
Installed new brake wear sensors and mounted a set of new Ventus V12's
15 Cayman S
gerber28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:46 PM   #1076

sun shining so couldn't resist a nice spin with top down ...got in car and broke sunglasses ...out on nice bendy roads ..local festival motor show vehicles holding up all the roads ..that put paid to abit of speed so decided to head back home only for some nice kind fellow to windscreen wash his windows at lights...."beep beep !lol
and to top it all found out I hadnt locked frunk down so lucky for me i dint go fast!!
only had car couple weeks still getting used to her
tannerman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:55 PM   #1077

Thought it would be no big deal to put back the alignment and corner balance that is booked for Tuesday as the rest of the new suspension parts won't be arriving until Wednesday .
Figured I had plenty of time until the second last weekend of the month when it's booked for an ax ......

Then looked in the diary at work to book a day off !!!

Well , some people are idiots on the internet , and some people are idiots in real life .
I'm proud to say I'm both
Ian c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:04 PM   #1078

:dance:
cbbepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:46 PM   #1079

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeching View Post
You have to do a writeup of this, interesting to hear feedback of sound, performance etc.....

Will let you know, will be getting a local garage I use to fit it, just trying to schedule in for when I am back home as I work away...
Old 05-19-2014, 06:01 AM   #1080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian c View Post
Thought it would be no big deal to put back the alignment and corner balance that is booked for Tuesday as the rest of the new suspension parts won't be arriving until Wednesday .
Figured I had plenty of time until the second last weekend of the month when it's booked for an ax ......

Then looked in the diary at work to book a day off !!!

Well , some people are idiots on the internet , and some people are idiots in real life .
I'm proud to say I'm both

An update on this ....
I sent a text this morning at 5:30 and I'm taking today off .
I'll get all this on , then will have to go back to it when the LCAs and rear arms arrive .
Ups tracking is saying there may be delays due to California wildfires .....
Its not so much bad planning , as I had it all planned to perfection , just bad timing as I didn't know what date it was

Ian c is offline   Reply With Quote