Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #1

Stuck turn signal lever

My turn signal lever (4 lever assembly) doesn't stick on left and doesn't hold on right. Can I use the 2 lever assembly to replace just the non-functioning part? Has anyone done it this way. I see only 3 and 4 lever replacements. thanks,

2000 Boxster S 3.2L
1990 Land Rover Defender 6x6
Bala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #2

My turn signal started acting up now it wont reset after making a turn and it takes a little force to put it on right turn. any easy fix here?
Old 09-11-2012, 01:19 AM   #3
Ex Esso kid

From what I remember my dad telling me there are "little ears" (I imagine them at the three and nine o'clock position) that cancel the directional. It sounds to me like one may be broken or worn out in some other fashion. I have to believe a fix would be daunting compared to eating the cost and replacing the turn signal yoke. I'd try a dissembler first.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:43 AM   #4

Turn signal problem

I took the 1999 Boxster out for a spin last night and noticed the turn signal shifter handle wouldn't stay up on right turns. Then it started doing the same thing on left turns. Sometimes it would work, then it would stop working. Any idea's?
springer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:00 AM   #5

Garage
The two halves of the signal stalk unit are pre-assembled so you can only get the three or 4 stalk assembly. You can call a wrecker to find a used one but for $200 you might as well buy a new one and be done with it. Personally i think they rape the customer over the price of having the additional OBC stalk... I'm sure it costs them no more than a buck or two to add the 4th stalk during manufacturing.
I replaced the ones on my Beemer a while ago as well (left didnt hold anymore while right did), I found a used one at a wreckers but they wanted $110 for a used one and the new one was 50 bux more... so I got the new one.
Heiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #6

is this a do it yourself?

denvail is offline   Reply With Quote