Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
Ex Esso kid

Just Because someone had to

Road Racing on public highways - ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum

Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Love it!
Old 07-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #3

Oh crap. Here it comes. You're going to have a bunch of young guys, that still live like they're in high school, come into that thread to talk about how they beat a Porsche with their '89 Civic, even though their cars have more dB than HP...
bar10dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
Ex Esso kid

I wont race em and frankly I would have a better chance of walking away clean if caught but that is totally beside the point. Anyhow since I can't race em might as well chew em out on their own site.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #5

I just have to ask... why?
Isn't it enough to just own the car? Be proud you drive sporting the emblem. No need to go to their own site and start trouble.
Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Maybe because they are annoying douchebags and I think we all get tired of being "harassed" by them and their little crap boxes. It won't do any good, of course, but it does feel good.

Why not? Won't hurt anything but their feelings.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bar10dah View Post
Oh crap. Here it comes. You're going to have a bunch of young guys, that still live like they're in high school, come into that thread to talk about how they beat a Porsche with their '89 Civic, even though their cars have more dB than HP...
And if just one of them knows how to use google, they'll be coming to this forum to reciprocate.
2003S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #8

You're trolling...
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
Porscheectomy

It just makes Porsche drivers look arrogant and petty. I'm disappointed. That definitely wouldn't speak for me.

Last edited by blue2000s; 07-21-2012 at 04:04 PM.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s View Post
It just makes Porsche drivers look arrogant and petty. I'm disappointed. That definitely wouldn't speak for me.
My thoughts exactly. And this is coming from someone who, not too long ago, was speeding around in a WRX.
Part of being a Porsche owner is that we're mature enough not to stoop to their level. The fact that we can sport the Stuttgart Coat of Arms should be enough.

For me, owning this car isn't about what I can do on the roads to prove that my car is better. Boxsters are not straight line cars. We all know this. But straightaways are pretty much all we have in the United States.
I just finished my degree and started my career. For me, owning a Porsche was the next step in life; growing up if you will. Trashing their forums is no better than revving up next to them at a stop light.

Last edited by Crono0001; 07-21-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
Ex Esso kid

No, arrogance would be taking the bait and thrashing one of them. Pwave is on point, where I live they begin driving like lunatics as soon as they see you, one day something bad is going to come from some Honda on the move trying to catch you or trying to emulate your corner speed. I have seen them make radical dangerous moves merging onto ramps, simply because you were ahead, never mind you were ahead before they even merged onto the road, to them it's irrelevant as is the safety of other drivers. I try not to broad brush groups but since having the car as soon as I see the black hood and stainless, I know a dangerous situation has arrived regardless of speed.

PS Speak for yourself on straightline performance, I'm quite sure I could kill them. I'm done there anyway I got my anger out, mission accomplished.

Last edited by Ghostrider 310; 07-21-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #12
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Grrr...I retract my statement. I was posting angry. I usually don't let those types get under my skin, but it really ticks me off when I'm trying to enjoy a drive with my ten year old son and am constantly harassed by those types or the classic redneck in a jacked up pickup truck tailgating and revving.

Last edited by particlewave; 07-21-2012 at 10:11 PM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #13

Garage
really I don't any satisfaction out of trashing someone else's choice of a ride...I'm just glad I have mine .....
Old 07-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #14

edit to state: how do i delete posts?

Last edited by The Radium King; 07-22-2012 at 08:41 AM.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #15

In case no one noticed, NOT engaging pisses them off even more because you are so confident in your self and your car that you simply ignore their sh#t boxes and enjoy your stereo, convertible and girls paying more attention to your car, even the girls riding in their car.

Their dime a dozen, characterless tin can wannabe airplane with the big spoiler and hood scoops leading to nothing is obviously making them feel very unfulfilled , else they would not be acting so insecure and feel like they have to prove something all the time.

I stay away from those types because they are a hazard on the road when they act like that and I dont want their oil and flying car parts blemishing my freshly washed paint.

Revel in your own success and the badge you choose to drive, and forget about all the wannabes.

Driving a Porsche is much more that just the speed and handling, its about driving a legend and its legacy!!!!

"Porsche....there is no substitute" and I'm not embarrassed to be proud and secure in my chosen ride.

Rant:
I'm sick of all the self degrading and timidness in society, be proud of your achievements and brag so others will also want to get one and get off their butts and achieve something in their life.

This car is about you and the result of your years of hard work.....its your trophy and reward and meant to be shown off and appreciated as a symbol of your success and achievements.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 07-21-2012 at 10:48 PM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:06 PM   #16

Garage
We have them here as well. I just let them barrel on and make dickheads of themselves, knowing that the coppers (polizia) will probably get them in the not too distant future.

Just remember our wheels are probably worth more than their cars, and there ain't nothing as good as having a porker badge on the bonnet.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:19 AM   #17

Garage
I tell them not to bring a plastic fork to a gun fight.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #18
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I rarely encounter jerks that want to street race, always an SUV or truck. I don't humor them and hope a cop is around to see. But every now and then I have someone provoke me. About a month ago some idiot teens in a Jeep started shouting at me at a red light, I just accelerate to the speed limit faster than them. I won't be breaking the law, but no harm being quicker off the line.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #19

I also stick with the speed limits +10% and autobahn style (right lane except when passing).

There is no restriction or limit on acceleration so pedal to the metal off the line is fun.

In 35 years of driving I only had two speeding tickets, the last one almost 10 years ago, the one before that 27 years ago.

Speed is a very relative thing and one day when Im an old geezer and earned the right to complain to a police officer without making him feel threatened I'm going to tell him that as we sit here we are already doing 300+ mph due to the earths rotation and insist that he add or subtract(depending on direction) my speeding from that number. (I'll let him try to figure that one out....hehehehe)

I will fight that ticket in court in front of the judge.....good fun.

At 300+ mph it seems silly that anyone gets a ticket for 10 over.

Id rather see the real danger ticketed severely, Phone yacking, hands on with the car in motion.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 07-23-2012 at 06:42 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #20
2006 987

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono0001 View Post
My thoughts exactly. And this is coming from someone who, not too long ago, was speeding around in a WRX.
Part of being a Porsche owner is that we're mature enough not to stoop to their level. The fact that we can sport the Stuttgart Coat of Arms should be enough.

For me, owning this car isn't about what I can do on the roads to prove that my car is better. Boxsters are not straight line cars. We all know this. But straightaways are pretty much all we have in the United States.
I just finished my degree and started my career. For me, owning a Porsche was the next step in life; growing up if you will. Trashing their forums is no better than revving up next to them at a stop light.
Yep. Porsche is symbol of "I have arrived". Lamborghini and Ferrari is better symbol

At least it is in the midwest

You don't need to street race in a Porsche. You can afford a Porsche. Camaro mustangs civic wrx evo etc are all street race cars

Maybe that's why police leave us along? We don't drive street race cars

Last edited by 986_inquiry; 07-23-2012 at 07:03 AM.
986_inquiry is offline   Reply With Quote