Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 05:18 AM   #1

10 ways German cars rule the road

10 ways German cars rule the road - Achtung baby (1) - CNNMoney

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Certified Boxster Addict

The Germans rule the luxury/performance market segment. Lexus can't shake its Toyota roots (and continuing to sell a re-badged Camry doesn't help) and Caddy is a one show pony (the CTS).
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #3

Watch Clarkson's episode "Good, Bad, and Ugly"
Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
The Germans rule the luxury/performance market segment. Lexus can't shake its Toyota roots (and continuing to sell a re-badged Camry doesn't help) and Caddy is a one show pony (the CTS).
I don't think Toyota roots are actually a negative in this case. It's not uncommon to hear Toyotas regularly going past 200k without any problems. The Cayenne can almost be described as a re-badged Touareg by some. However, both are neither my style or taste.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Boxster View Post
I don't think Toyota roots are actually a negative in this case. It's not uncommon to hear Toyotas regularly going past 200k without any problems. The Cayenne can almost be described as a re-badged Touareg by some. However, both are neither my style or taste.
Agree, toyota root is a good thing for lexus. My dd is a toyota and no parts need to be replaced from new (78k miles to date). My boxster really a pos in term of reliability (rms leak, ims bearing was loose when removed, water pump lost 1/3 of its blade, wheel bearing noise, spark plug tube leak, aos, headlamp sprayer broke, engine mount rubber cracked and all happened under 50k miles), my only reason keeping this car is only because it is fun to drive. No way I will ever buy German car for my daily commute.
BMW handling is not that great anymore, drove the F10 and E60 back to back and you know that BMW has lost its way (with next 1 series going fwd, I really lost all my respect to them).
MB is not any better. Their V6 engines are a shares architecture with chrysler pentastar engine (they used to call it phoenix engine program). No way I will pay 20k more for a car that shares engine with chrysler 200...
laphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to pesticidal
Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
I have a 2010 CTS4 with the 3.6. My 2006 Passat FourMotion was a much better car.

pesticidal is offline   Reply With Quote