Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #1

I cannot unlock my 986 and the battery is deactivated

Hi there

I have a problem and I have read a lot of threads but I think that none of them are solving my problem.
I haven't used my 986 for more than a week so the battery was deactivated and I cannot use my remote key to unlock the car. So I tried to do it manually (I have done it several times in the past) but nothing is happening. I turn the key both ways but without any luck. There is a problem with the mechanism of the locker probably. Everything is locked. My battery doesn't look to have a problem and the alarm light flashes normally.
So my question is?
Suppose that I find a way to make the alarm to start screaming, will this make the battery to be reactivated again so that I can use the remote key to unlock the car etc.?

And if not, is there any other way to unlock my car by opening the hood with the emergency cable? (if I ever find it)

Thank you in advance
Chris

popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #2

If you turn the key all the way to the left and hold it there the window rolls down, then use the door lock switch on the dash. Or unlock the door with the key and with your fist tap above the door handle. either way should work to open the door.

Tags
battery , manually , unlock