Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #1

Gen 3 Boxster

I have been reading some and looking at video on line concerning the new generation 3 Boxster for 2013. The latest Christophorus #354 has a pretty good set of stories about it. Basically they are a Porsche advertising magazine.

Anyway, I like the new design quit well. My 3 dislikes are very simple and somewhat nit picking.

1) Electric emergency/parking/hand brake is not a good idea in my mind.
2) The big PORSCHE on the rear trunk lid looks out of place. It needs to be smaller or better yet not there at all.
3) I hold final judgment until I drive one, but I'm skeptical of electric power steering.

And as always I would still like to have 400 hp and at least 350 tq.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:36 AM   #2
WV Boxster

Garage
My guess your concern with the electronic e-brake is if battery runs down. I have owned a Jaguar and now a Land Rover both with it. It has not been an issue. As long as one drives their Porsche and keeps battery charged instead of letting it sit. I have also read power is adequate and steering is something to get used to.

I too want to drive one in person, wife is worried that I will come home with one.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:11 AM   #3
Ex Esso kid

Better get comfy with electric PS, it's going to sweep the entire industry.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:22 AM   #4

Badge delete -- a free option on all Porsches.
NoGaBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:43 AM   #5

I like the new look very much. It looks beefer. I had no idea it had an electric hand brake. That is sad because how are you going to enjoy pulling on the ebrake for some nice tail spins. I also would like to know how the electric power steering feels. Overall I would buy one but would ask if it was possible to add a manual ebrake. Also porsche should make a turbo version of the boxster. That would be great, but it may never happen.
Bmod986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmod986 View Post
I like the new look very much. It looks beefer. I had no idea it had an electric hand brake. That is sad because how are you going to enjoy pulling on the ebrake for some nice tail spins. I also would like to know how the electric power steering feels. Overall I would buy one but would ask if it was possible to add a manual ebrake. Also porsche should make a turbo version of the boxster. That would be great, but it may never happen.
Manual ebrake? Anything is possible, but that would be highly impractical.

Tubro Boxster is a bad idea if you ask me. These cars are about balance and feedback and precision. They are plenty of boosty turbo rockets out there. More power via blowers would spoil the Boxster.