Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 03:34 AM   #1

Repainted wheels feel rough

Repainted a set of wheels that had some nicks. I used the Wurth Silver followed up by Wurth clear. The wheels felt "rough" after the silver went on, I thought that after the clear was applied that the roughness would have diminished. Not so, my other wheels are as smooth as glass, what did I do wrong?

jrblackbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:13 AM   #2

Wurth is a pretty good product. Did you prep the wheels really well? How rough are the wheels? Any Pics? You may be able to wet sand them down lightly with 1500 grit and 2000 grit. After sanding them down try buffing Wizards turbo cut or Wizards Final cut. If it is not too bad you should be able to make them sparkle.

here is a link to Wizards, I have no affiliation just love what their products can do.....
http://www.innate.com/Supplies/Wizards/Wizards.htm
amschnellsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:58 AM   #3

I applied a couple more coats of the clear and the wheels don't feel as rough, but they are still not as "smooth" as the OEM finish.

jrblackbox is offline   Reply With Quote