Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #1

Wind noise from driver side window

Got my new-to-me RS60! So far it is has been great with one exception... wind noise coming from the driver side window - just behind head. Still under warranty, took it to the dealer. They said they tried to adjust the window but could not and that it looked like there was some body work done on the door so they felt any additional work was not covered by warranty...

The door closes perfectly, seems to be totally in alignment from what I can tell - but what do I know? Surely there must be a way to get the seal to work better? Any ideas?

Daylorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #2

I would check with your body shop. They are really the guys who install and adjust things better than anyone. Did you buy the car from a dealer? Get a Car-Fax? Did it show an accident? If no accident is shown, and the vehicle is under warranty or CPO, they should make it right. Good luck.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
I would check with your body shop. They are really the guys who install and adjust things better than anyone. Did you buy the car from a dealer? Get a Car-Fax? Did it show an accident? If no accident is shown, and the vehicle is under warranty or CPO, they should make it right. Good luck.
Thanks - I did not buy the car from a dealer, but I did get a car-fax and it shows clean. It still has another year left of the original warranty. Explained that to the dealer, but they said not all accidents get reported to carfax.

Seems a little BS to me - if it was that far out of alignment the door would not close properly or align properly and it fits like a glove...

I'll swing by the body shop everyone recommends here as well as the dealer again.

Thanks!
Daylorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #4

It sonds like it's time to get a different dealership. Just because one won't do what they should, doesn't mean another won't behave appropriately.