Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #21

Well, there certainly are exceptions, like my daughter who I taught to drive a manual transmission at 15, and she started autocrossing with me at 16. She's now 21, and is still an active autocrosser, and is an officer in the local BMW club, and has other car club friends in the 20-25 year old range.

Still, I feel this is the exception rather than the rule with this generation, where video games dominated their lives. I never allowed video games in our house, but I think many parents encouraged video games as a safe alternative to the motorbikes and cars my generation grew up with. I think Porsche understands this well.

986S
991S
Van Diemen RF97
LAP1DOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #22

Garage
Porsche has never been targeted at "kids" or anyone young

denver, disagree with you. growing up as a kid, which i feel i still am at 61,i have always lusted for a 911. at 61 i got close when i purchased my first boxter. i still look, read about, and imagine owning a 911. however, after driving my boxter, my urges have subsided a bit.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
I don't see the problem as one of people not being interested in the cars. First of all, Porsche has never been targeted at "kids" or anyone young- too expensive.
Are you sure about that???

Porsche commercial - YouTube

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote