Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #1

Sounds good without the carpet over the engine bay.

So after dealing with the air filter i drove the car without the carpet and cubi. I was pleased with the new sound of the k&n filter but even more pleased with the sound that i got without the carpets. It sounds beefer at high revs, but the start sounds weird. Like if the engine had been muted. Ok I was giving some thought to find someone who will make a custom molded glass to put instead of the engine cover. I used the search tool in the forum and stumbled upon a thread that was about a clear cover for the engine. The only thing is that it is kind of a waste because the only time you could see the engine is through the tiny back window. Even so it would still be really cool, and the sound is a nice bonus. So I recommend trying it out. take the carpets out and hear how it sounds. Its nice. I wont promise a sound clip because I still have to make other videos and work to do so ya. Just thought it would be a nice discussion point. STILL unable to remove the snorkel so don't know how much better it will sound.

got the picture from: Strut King - Clear Engine Cover *UPDATED with installation photos* -

Its of a cayman where it makes more sense but still its not a bad idea.

Bmod986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #2

I might try it out and see. thanks for the idea. I did hear from folks saying that it would be too loud. By the way, What's cubi?
19" MHT Rims
Evo Intake, De-Snorkeled
CVstarBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #3

looks cool, but as you already said, won't make too much sense on a Boxster ...
2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #4

Sorry "cubi" was a typo, I ment the cubby space or storage room that lays on top of the carpet. And yes it will get a bit loud on a long trip. But for driving pleasure its awesome.

Bmod986 is offline   Reply With Quote