Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 04:55 PM   #1

Stock seat install issue

Got stock seats from the bay without the rails. Took my after markets off and I'm trying to match up my rails to the bottom of the seat and there is no way to bolt this thing on. Also noticed that the the gas spring is missing. Had asked the seller to send seat minus the rails but now I'm trying to find out what I need to get this thing fit. Where can I see some detailed pictures of the seat and the mounts etc?

2000 Boxster S 3.2L
1990 Land Rover Defender 6x6
Bala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:15 PM   #2

Scroll all the way to the bottom of this list.

Porsche Boxster Parts
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnaker View Post
Scroll all the way to the bottom of this list.

Porsche Boxster Parts
Thanks much!
2000 Boxster S 3.2L
Old 12-31-2011, 05:35 AM   #4

Garage
There is driver side and passenger side manual rail on Ebay right now $150 driver side $125 pass side. They look just like the rails I remove from my 2003 stock seat. I used mine with the Brey Krause rails. The biggest problem you may have then is I doubt that you will get the slide in fastaning plates for the bolts the hold the seat to the rail.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsceash View Post
There is driver side and passenger side manual rail on Ebay right now $150 driver side $125 pass side. They look just like the rails I remove from my 2003 stock seat. I used mine with the Brey Krause rails. The biggest problem you may have then is I doubt that you will get the slide in fastaning plates for the bolts the hold the seat to the rail.
I have both the original rails. The seller didn't send the gar spring and the mounting plate (?) that ties in the seat and the rail system. Sorting it out with him. Thanks.
2000 Boxster S 3.2L
Old 12-31-2011, 05:50 AM   #6

Garage
Sorry I should have read slower. I looked at my old seats and see what you are talking about. The lift cylinder for seat height.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:42 PM   #7

Thanks for the replies. Spoke to the seller. He is going to scavenge the parts and mail it for for free (whatever he can gather). Apparently the gas springs and the mounting plates between the seat and the rails itself are part of the railing system. I'm being told.

2000 Boxster S 3.2L