Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2005, 06:33 AM   #1

Wind Screen pops out while driving?

I recently bought a 2002 Boxster S and after 1 week I lost the passenger wind screen. The passenger must have placed his seat a little too far back and the head rest pops the screen out. Has anyone else had this problem. They come out with only with a little force. I now tell passengers not to adjust their seat back.

ridley347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:50 AM   #2

I've got the same problem luckily I was able to slow down on the highway and pull over to the shoulder before it completely flew away.
I took a piece of rubber foam and wedged it between the tab and roll bar but I'm going to get down to Autozone and buy some black zip ties. one each side should do the job. Not the most stealth solution but those windscreens are RIDICULUS expensive.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 08:54 AM   #3

Windscreen Gone

I experienced the same problem. Unfortunately the passenger side screen is gone. I am looking for a replacement but no luck yet.
98OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:08 AM   #4

Try hardwood floor skids.

I can't help you find a replacement, but maybe I can help you keep them. Ours rattle so I picked up some hardwood floor self-stick rubber skid pads. I'm cutting them into small pieces to stick on the screens between the screen and the roll bar. It should tighten it up and since it's rubber it should also help it hold on to the roll bar a little tighter. Just don't put them directly behind the three clips so they don't push the clip in. If you cut it small enough to be inside the channel then you should not be able to see it once it's installed.

1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:43 AM   #5

I bought my rollbar insers used off Ebay and they came with some foam rubber stuck to the insides of all three tabs. This makes them stay in place fairly well.

For those of you who have missing ones or don't have any and hate the pricing you're finding online, at the dealership or on ebay, hang on for a few months. I'm doing the patent search, design stuff and injection mold company R&D needed to manufacture them. When I get them, I'll become a forum sponsor and sell them to you for a fraction of the cost of what you'd pay new or used now.

I'm so pissed that these items are expensive I'm going to do something about it even though I already have a set of my own! I'm also going to produce a center windscreen replacement that doesn't rattle and is cheaper. Got the idea in my head and I've talked it over with another inventor and he says it will work. Prototyping that is next. I'll keep you all posted! (No pre orders taken yet though, so just watch for banner ads).
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:47 AM   #6

passenger windscreen

hope this helps...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42611&item=4563141730&rd=1

tk-4 is offline   Reply With Quote