Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2003, 08:36 AM   #1

Radio help

Have a 2003 Boxster with the HiFi Sound package. According to the manual the red led is supposed to blink with ignition off, mine does not. When I turn alarm on the red led on top of the dash blinks continously but the radio led blinks for 10 seconds & shuts off. Also when changing gears sometimes the sound of the radio stops & if I accidently touch the radio face plate it messes up the lighted part. Are these problems normal or is a trip to the dealer neccessary. I do have the led for the radio turned on in the menu.

steve1173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 05:50 AM   #2
Forum Member

led

I don't think it is a problem. Mine(CDR-220) only blinks if I don't lock the car(when it is sitting in the garage). I think it has two modes. I have heard similar things about the light on the door lock switch. It will blink for 10 seconds then stop after locking the car with the remote. I believe it is the "arming" phase of the alarm.
chickdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 05:45 AM   #3

That's the problem, if mine just sits in the garage doors unlocked the led light does not blink even though it is turned on in the menu. Asked my dealer but they did not have an answer.

steve1173 is offline   Reply With Quote