Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #1

Talking Flood in interior carpet, what is causing this?

Hello guys,

I have a 97 Boxster. I left the car outside while it was raining and later found out that the interior carpet was a bit flooding inside. Mostly under the driver's seat carpet, and of coruse this will ruin my already ruined module that controls the locks under driver's seat.

I have read somewhere long ago that there is some kind of a drainage system in the front (or rear) of the car that might be clogged that is causing flooding problems in the carpet area but I cant find it.

Does somebody know where I could find this drain of some sort and instructions on how to clear them? To stop these leaks inside the car. Or maybe a solution to my problem?? I cannot avoid rains.

I desperately need your help on this guys, if this continues it will definitely cause more trouble.

Thank you for your support my dear friends.

gunman168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #2

My suggestion is to do a search on drains and you'll find many threads on this subject.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #3

Garage
The drains are in the back, under the clamshell.
Put your top in service mode (see user's manual), the clamshell is at a 45 degree angle and you can look underneath. There is a plastic tray underneath that catches water as it drips of the top. There are two drainage holes, one on the left and one on the right. Check if those are not blocked. Pour in some water and see if it all drains out beneath the car.
You maybe want to unhook the top for better access. Like Steve said; there is plenty of information about this floating around.
nieuwhzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nieuwhzn View Post
The drains are in the back, under the clamshell.
Put your top in service mode (see user's manual), the clamshell is at a 45 degree angle and you can look underneath. There is a plastic tray underneath that catches water as it drips of the top. There are two drainage holes, one on the left and one on the right. Check if those are not blocked. Pour in some water and see if it all drains out beneath the car.
You maybe want to unhook the top for better access. Like Steve said; there is plenty of information about this floating around.
Can you supply me with pics on where to find these holes. Kindly please help.

Thanks.
gunman168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:34 AM   #5

Garage
drainsdiagram - mikefocke2

2003S is offline   Reply With Quote