Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #1

I need help with installation turbo style wing please

Hello fellow 986ers. I felt into buy cheap-free shipping hook and now Im stuck. I recently bought a turbo style rear wing for my Boxster. It came with no instructions or installation hardware. Also the spoiler does not have orifices for the lift shafts, do you guys know where to get instructions or the mounting hardware, tried to search the forum but come empty handed. thanks for any help, I dont desire to have a giant boomerang sitting around.

Attached Images

xtremecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #2

I purchased one years back from a Florida seller...came pre-painted, with all the hardware. I would call or email the seller and demand some answers.
Attached Images

PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #3

It's difficult to "demand" anything from someone who was already inconsiderate enough not to include the instructions in the first place. Contact him and ask nicely for the instructions. Otherwise, someone here will likely help. There are many experts among us.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #4

Garage
From what I can see you will need to drill the holes for the attaching bolts to go in (a female hex head) these go into the top of the two posts that hold the wing, the drilled holes will be 90 degrees from the access openings that you see there (the round openings) the access openings are where you insert the Allen wrench and turn the bolt in until tight. The Allen wrench on my wing was cut short to barely fit in the space there. The process was quite painstaking and slow. Also could you please reduce the width of your image it makes this thread very hard to navigate.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:02 AM   #5

I have the same item...I drilled out the bottom and epoxy'd in a brass bushing that the top of the bolt will press on...NOT on the fiberglass itself. Also be aware of the slight ANGLE of the bolts...as they are at a slight angle. Hope this helps ya out a bit!!?
1998 Arctic Silver Boxster
stcroixdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #6

I have an arctic silver one from a 996TT. Free to anyone who wants to come and get it. I could never figure out how to get it on my 97. It's been laying around for years now but the paint is still great.

Tags
rear spoiler , spoiler , turbo style , wing