Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #1

Oklahoma Foreign - Great Source of Used Parts

I've posted several questions over the past few weeks related to two problems. I have a CE light that keeps popping on despite over $4K invested in repairs to the secondary air system and I needed to find a way to deactivate the passenger air bag so our 40lb duck tolling retriever could ride along.

While searching for parts 0 trying to avoid plunking down $1400 for a new air pump and over $500 for new air bag deactivation bar and child seat buckle, I came across Oklahoma Foreign online. I called and talked to Gary twice. He was extremely helpful both times and sold me the used parts I needed in excellent condition for very fair prices.

I just thought I pass my experience along to the Forum as an FYI alternative to the astronomical prices Porsche charges for new parts.

thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:55 AM   #2

Garage
I use them all the time, I'll stop in there before ordering any part. They have a lot of salvaged Porsche's. It also helps when you live 10 miles away.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:52 AM   #3

Thanks for the tip. I live next door in Arkansas and maybe I should check them out the next time I need something.

And Thom4782 - I replied to your PM but I need an email address to send you the file you requested.
Dale_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #4

ive also bought parts from them with good results!
dirkdiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #5

Garage
I'm North of Wichita, just North of them. I haven't bought anything from them, but a friend of mine has a '69 911-T and has done business with them and has had nothing but good things to say. I'm thankful that they're close!

SeanZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote