Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #1

Unhappy Boxsterless

Well it was a sad day today.
I spent the day delivering my 2006 Boxster S to it's new owner, who also happens to be a forum member - Dubya.
Dubya seems like a great guy! I hope he enjoys the Boxster as much as I did and gets the same great service it gave me. He's a former
Cayman owner and really seems to know the cars inside and out.

I've really enjoyed all of you fine folks here. There are too many to list, only to end up leaving out the ones who slip my mind
(which keeps getting easier!)

I wish to give a huge thank you to Rkwei and Bruce Lee for all they have done to provide this great home for all of us who have
been able to take advantage of it.

I hope everyone has been able to profit from, enjoy and learn something valuable from our "What we've learned on the track" thread.
I hope it stays in the sticky section and lots of folks keep coming on and adding to it.

If there is one thing I won't miss from this go-round of Porsche ownership, it's my local dealer. I know this is not an uncommon story,
but for the life of me, I can't understand the attitude of the average Porsche dealer owner. You are correct, guys, we can't own and enjoy our
Porsches without you, however, I do have a little hint for you to chew on, fellows: we CAN choose to not own a Porsche.

Don't feel bad for me, the Boxster S will soon become a 5 axis cnc router that will trim thousands of bucks of plastic products for years to come and will definitely finance my next toy! And hopefully, many more after that!

I'll leave with my list of opened and closed Porsche chapters:

1964 356 C Cabriolet (bought it in my junior year of high school -1968 - for $1750!)
1966 911
1968 911
1971 911E
1970 914-6 (still my all time favorite street car)
1972 914 1.7
1973 914 2.0 (three different ones, over the years)
1979 924 Turbo (least favorite)
Many years racing Formula Ford and Formula Atlantic while driving the tow truck as my DD
2006 Boxster S

I hope to drop in from time to time. Like lil' bastard, I'm not that easy to get rid of!!

Kurt

Old 10-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Kurt - Glad to see you sold her. Part of her will live on in NC . You'll be back on some Porsche forum soon with a new beast, let us know where when you do!
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
Carnut

Sad day indeed but biz first.... There is always the next nice car!!
Old 10-15-2011, 05:14 PM   #4

Ahh yes....., the smell of freshly routed plastic in the morning. Nothing like it, don't ask me how I know.
Looks like we won't have Smart A$$ to kick around anymore.
Lotsa luck with the business and all the profits you will make. Won't be long, you will be part of the 1% and shopping for the newest toy. Get a 2009 or later, no IMS issues anymore. Take care and dodge all the hurricanes.

Spinnaker

3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote