Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #1

Bongo forwarding company info....

I'm trying to buy a 997 shifter from Suncoast Porsche, but because I live outside of the US (Australia), Suncoast don't ship internationally so I have to go through an intermediary shipping / forwarding company called Bongo.
Anyone have any experience with this outfit?
It seems a roundabout method of buying - most companies like LN Engineering / Flat6 ship direct no problem, but Bongo???
Anyone know where to get a good price for the 997 shifter?

Old 10-02-2011, 05:08 PM   #2

If bongo is a pain in the ass, have it shipped to my shop and I'll forward on to you in Aussie land.
Wifey's cousin has been outside Perth for nearly 40 years. Where are you?

PM me if you need the favor.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #3

Many thanks for the kind offer Kurt....I'm on the eastern seaboard of Oz, ~ 65 miles north of Brisbane - a looong way from Perth which is on the west coast!!

I'm just waiting on my brother (who lives in the UK) to see if he can get me a 997 shifter there - but he's tardy at times so I won't hold my breath too long.....

I'll send you a pm when I hear back and see if we can work something out.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
Administrator

Bongo

Bongo is a freight forwarder. They cost a bit more compared to traditional shipping such as USPS, Fed Ex etc and its a bit of a hassle.

Give Jason a call at Pelican 888-280-7799 Ext 233 for the shifter or e-mail him; Jason@PelicanParts.com. Pelican can ship internationally which saves time and money if you want to avoid the freight forwarder.
Trinidad at Pelican Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #5

Smile

Steve,
I will be in the USA for a month from 16Oct.
Will be shopping at Pelican Parts on 7Nov and buying one extra item would not be a problem, I can post to you when I return.
Let me know.
Pinarelloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #6

Many thanks Trinidad and Dave (Pinarelloman) for your help - sorry for the delay, my wifes family over from the UK on holiday so time has been a bit tight....
I contacted Jason @ Pelican and am waiting for a reply.
Dave / Kurt I will let you know in the next day or so once I get Pelicans quote.
Steve