Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #1

Part numbers request

Can someone check some part numbers for me and also, do you know of an online retailer where I can add items by part number?

I cleaned out my radiators this weekend and found some maintenance items that need to be replaced:

1. the plastic/rubber U-shaped guard (underneath the front trunk lever) up front. The rubber "seal" part of this is deteriorated and was crumbling.
2. the little plastic "screw clips" that hold that guard down (there's 4 of them)
3. the left and right rubber air guards just in front of the front tires on each side (mine are broken)
4. the rubber air deflector things directly underneath the engine on each side

Thanks guys.

stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #2

What about using Porsche's on-line PET?
Old 09-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #3

I can never find it lol...
I think I'm more confused on how to order (by part number) online somewhere. Most retailers make you order by the part "name" or search by "category"... not sure I'll have luck with that.

I think I've seen the air deflector things on ebay, but not the other 2 items (trunk guard and plastic clips).
stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #4

google 'auto atlanta'. click the 'boxster' tab, followed by 'shop hard parts'. Bingo, PET tied directly to part #, pricing and ordering (prices may be better elsewhere, however). what you're looking for can be found under 'body' and the 'linings' or 'bumper front' images. you'll have to find your own #'s, amigo.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #5

The part number for the rubber scoop thing on the bottom of the car for the passenger side is 986 331 361 03. Had buy one last year because it was missing ever since I bought the car. It is hard to find on the parts diagrams because they don't really show it as a separate item in the picture. Look in the rear suspension diagram and it is listed as a sub part for the item #6 bracket as "spoiler"

http://www.********************************************.com/porsche-parts/986-97-04/501-01.php
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #6

Here you go...

Quote:
1. the plastic/rubber U-shaped guard (underneath the front trunk lever) up front. The rubber "seal" part of this is deteriorated and was crumbling.

TRIM COVER: 996.504.811.00

Quote:
2. the little plastic "screw clips" that hold that guard down (there's 4 of them)

CATCH: 999.590.036.40

Quote:
3. the left and right rubber air guards just in front of the front tires on each side (mine are broken)

RUBBER LIP (L): 996.504.503.00
RUBBER LIP (R): 996.504.504.00

Quote:
4. the rubber air deflector things directly underneath the engine on each side

SPOILER: 986.331.361.02 ('97-'00)
SPOILER: 986.331.361.03 ('01 - )

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro