Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #1

Anyone had experience (Good OR Bad) with Fidelity Warranty Services ?

Just curious.

jdiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
Certified Boxster Addict

Here is a sampling of internet reviews from Better Business Bureau Trustlink:

Fidelity Extended Warranties are a scam and the company is scum. They are promoted by dealerships as the dealer gets a large commission($1200) for selling the $3500 platinum extended warranty to unsuspecting customers. Most reputable independant brokers will not handle Fidelity.

Awwwwful!! Do not buy anything from them.

Talk about a worthless company, well fidelity takes the cake. this company will do what ever it takes to not pay a claim. im an honest man and i treat people the way i want to be treated, but when you Talk with someone at fidelity on the phone, you can hear the con in there voice, its just really sad that they are able to get by with it

I have been selling extended service contracts for over 5 years as the Director of a large Finance and Insurance company. I have never been treated as poorly nor had a company nit-pick their service contract as disgustingly as this group. Though the part is named in their contract, and the valve in need of replacement is not specifically excluded, they nickel & dime their way out of it.

I too, like others bought a warranty from a dealer - Hoehn Audi in Carlsbad California - and felt that if Audi is calling it "Gold Plus Audi Pure Protection" then it must be an Audi program. I learned the hard way that it should actually be called a Fidelity Warranty rip-off program. Unfortunately, my Audi dealer was useless in standing up for me and I had to pay $687.50 as my problem was "excluded." Doesn't that sound familiar to everyone?

Best Customer Service experience in a long long time. We were traveling for the weekend in our 08 Corvette along the Florida Gulf Coast. We were out in the middle of know where in a State Park about 11:00 am on a Sat. when we picked up a large bolt in our "run flat tire". We called Fidelity Warranty Services and spoke with Sean. He was awesome. We explained our sitiuation to him and he kept us on the phone while he called many tire service centers as well as Chevy dealers trying to locate another run flat tire for us.

As a member of the U.S. Air Force who fights for this country's freedoms and safety, I find it hard to believe that this great country allows for this company to operate in the manner that it does. I bought the car eight months ago with 38,000 miles and purchased Fidelity Warranty Services' Platinum warranty to protect my investment. After my car was checked out at the dealership, the service tech made a phone call to Fidelity to check the coverage of the repairs needed. Only shortly after did I learn that Fidelity had managed to write exclusions to almost everything that they claim to cover. At only 47,000 miles currently, my problem seems to be a result of a piston ring wearing out prematurely that is causing that cylinder to have lower compression and allow oil to be introduced into the combustion chamber. Reading under the "Powertrain Coverage Plan," which is included under the "bumper-to-bumper" Platinum warranty, it lists the components covered by the warranty, to include, "Engine block and cylinder heads and all internally lubricated parts including pistons, piston rings, pins and cylinder sleeves, crankshaft, pulley, main bearings..." The list pretty much covers every component of the engine. However, flipping the page to a faded gray print (on the backside of page two), there is a list of exclusions from the contract. Included in this list is, "Burnt valves, piston rings, the correction of oil consumption..." The exclusion list seems to be written to not only exclude wearable items, which, technically, would be almost every component of a vehicle, but also seems to be written to allow them several other avenues to back out of paying on any other claims that one might be able to justify as non-wearable. After an hour on the phone with a customer service rep from Fidelity, I am saddened to learn that I paid $1800 for a piece of paper that is absolutely worthless.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #3

I've read the consumer advocate blogs and sites. I have seen these exact
complaints. What I'm looking for is any experience that board members might
have with them. Porsche owners.....

thanks

jdiba is offline   Reply With Quote