Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 05:05 AM   #1

Be sure to keep your water drains clear ... or else

So I disconnected my battery last night to do some work, and reconnected it this morning before leaving for work. I opened the door and the window didn't move at all, which I found strange. So I went to start it - nothing. I thought hmm maybe I blew a fuse ... nope. I rechecked the battery cables to make sure they were making a good connection, everything was fine. So I just decided to disconnect and reconnect again .. well I went to disconnect the positive cable, and pull it away, and it just fell apart.

Then I remembered the small pond I had brewing in that space before I cleared the drain of the crap that was blocking it - I imagine that didn't do any good for the positive battery cable...

So make sure your drain is clear, or else you will be calling in sick like me

fedekz986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #2

Wow. That's pretty impressive.

Nice color too.
Dale_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #3

Nice one, thanks for the tip. New to Boxster since 4 months and learning everyday! Didn't really pay much attention to the 'front' drains in all honesty.

After seeing your post last Friday I think, decided to flip open the front covers after washing the Box, to find 2 massive pools of water sitting beside the battery. And of course that same cable completely submerged. Very interesting....

I had no idea where to locate the front drains so I had no choice to plunge my hand to feel & seek. The pile of rotten leaves, dead bugs, a business card... yurk mate. That all made it quite easy to find the drains

Thx for sharing. Too simple for the majority but came in quite handy for a nb like me

madmods is offline   Reply With Quote