Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 04:15 AM   #1

Wierd Electrical Stuff after Radio work...HELP

I installed a AVIC920BT using the harness kit several months ago. One issue that I had post installation was that the video bypass didn't work. Yesterday I removed the radio to fix the bypass. Everything looked successful, however last night I noticed that some odd switches no longer worked. Power Windows, Power Lock, Rear Defrost. I have checked row D in the fuse box and all looks good. I don't even see how these things can be related at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

AR|Groundzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #2

Sorry forgot to mention:

2002 Boxster S
Factory Bose Speakers and Amp

I took the center console and dash completely apart tonight to inspect for any damage and I dont see any crimped or damaged wires. I did find one 4 wire harness at the bottom center of the dash not plugged in but I cant find anything it would plug into. I also cant find what that plug is used for in the Bently maintenance manual.

Thanks again for any help...

AR|Groundzero is offline   Reply With Quote