Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2005, 05:36 AM   #1

wheel spacer

who has a better price of H&R wheel spacer?

911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #2

Smile Didn't want to start a new thread...

I have the factory 18" sport design rad wheels on my 2000 S, 7.5" ET50 front 9" ET52 rear. What size spacers do I need in order to have a flush look?

[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQP73tv6I9W9TwKGzRqGMTofdBRl4uKC 73xSH-RxaLlJii2_RMb
[/IMG]

Thanks

panameras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911sc
who has a better price of H&R wheel spacer?
Are you asking who has the best price or a different brand cheaper? I just to some RSS and they are nice, lugs are as shiny as the picture shows...but they'll do.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipE350
Are you asking who has the best price or a different brand cheaper? I just to some RSS and they are nice, lugs are as shiny as the picture shows...but they'll do.

What size spacers did you get?

I'm trying to figure what size spacers to get in order to have a flush look.
panameras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #5
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by panameras
What size spacers did you get?

I'm trying to figure what size spacers to get in order to have a flush look.
I got a pair of 7mm and put them on the left side of the car so I could decide if I need more. Everyone I show them to says they didn't notice...that actually is the response I'm looking for. Instead of getting spacers that make the wheels obviously wider I got the spacers so I don't notice the overhang fender look. You see whenever I look at my Box I notice how my rims look too far under the fender after putting these on the left side the car it just looks right...my eyes don't immediately go to the overhanging fender. I actually might be able to go so 15mm on the front and still have a flush look, but I don't want to take a chance of the wheel looking too wide. I'm going to order the other set of 7mm and put them on all for wheels...to each his own, I don't think you can go wrong with 15mm either. Between the new rims, spacers, and smoked rear tail lights she's looking nice.
Note when I went from my 17 inch Boxster 'S' rims to the 18 inch Boxster 2006 rims I gained about 13mm front and back outwards, with the extra 7mm I'm now 19mm front and 20mm back.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:55 AM   #6

I recently put 15mm spacers all around on my 17" (7 fr/ 8.5 Rr). Wheels do not stand proud of the fenders but just shy of flush and don't toss road trash all over the doors and lower panels plus handling has improved too. I noticed on the '04 special edition 550, Porsche added 5mm spacers all around to "achieve a more aggressive stance and better handling" on the 18" Carrera light weight wheels.

Things to ponder: More leverage on your bearings could lead to early failure. I don't think that the leverage on my 17" with 15mm spacers would be a lot greater than adding 18" wheels with 5mm spacers. Time will tell. If I mounted 18" I wouldn't go over the 5mm that the factory already has endorsed but I imagine 7mm shouldn't be that much more of a burden.

AKL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipE350
I got a pair of 7mm and put them on the left side of the car so I could decide if I need more. Everyone I show them to says they didn't notice...that actually is the response I'm looking for. Instead of getting spacers that make the wheels obviously wider I got the spacers so I don't notice the overhang fender look. You see whenever I look at my Box I notice how my rims look too far under the fender after putting these on the left side the car it just looks right...my eyes don't immediately go to the overhanging fender. I actually might be able to go so 15mm on the front and still have a flush look, but I don't want to take a chance of the wheel looking too wide. I'm going to order the other set of 7mm and put them on all for wheels...to each his own, I don't think you can go wrong with 15mm either. Between the new rims, spacers, and smoked rear tail lights she's looking nice.
Note when I went from my 17 inch Boxster 'S' rims to the 18 inch Boxster 2006 rims I gained about 13mm front and back outwards, with the extra 7mm I'm now 19mm front and 20mm back.

'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote