Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #1

Help with the factory alarm

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a 98 Boxster and although I'm thoroughly enjoying it, I'm slowly finding minor issues that need a little attention. I've been able to handle most of them, but the latest issue concerning the factory alarm is a little confusing. I hope someone can help.

I have the factory alarm with the 2 button remote on the key. First off, when I push the lock/unlock button on the remote, the doors lock/unlock but the parking lights don't flash nor do I get any audible conformation from a horn or siren (the red led on the dash and the lock button will flash). Second, with the top down and alarm activated, I can reach inside and open the door. When the door opens, the door and dome lights flash on and off for a min or 2 but no flashing exterior lights or annoying horn/siren to deter anyone from browsing through my belongings in the car or trunk/frunk. And the last is he gas lid. from what I can tell online, I think the lid is suppose to lock with the doors. I think the locking mecanisim is either missing or not hooked up.

So my question are, do I have a problem or is that how it's suppose to be? Is it just a feature that I need to turn back on? And how? And is there a way I can check if the wiring/module are connected properly?

Any suggestions and input would be appreciated. I never realized how unsecured the car really is (including the trunk and frunk.)

Thanks to everyone for all the great info on this forum.

kbayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:23 AM   #2

This is not normal.

The lights should flash twice upon locking, once upon unlocking.

While locked, the light on the dash should blink. One blink at a time top up, two with
the top down. You have a car with some "Alarm Faults", which usually involves a trip to a Dealer.
Beelzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #3

Keyless remote issue

I had disconnected my battery and removed my seats to install new seat receptacles. After putting in the seats and reconnecting the battery; I was unable to use my keyless entry options on both my keys. I have to manually unlock my car doors and trunks now. Does anyone know how to get my keys remotes to work with the car alarm again? Thanks for any help

ArticBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote