Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #1

P1133/1126 Here's my data, what's it mean?

Finally got a hold of a OBDII reader that can gives the snapshot at the time of the CEL.

My two codes are 1133 and 1126 and here is the info I got from the reader:

RPM: 2804
LV (I abbreviated so can't remember what it meant lol): 29.4%
Coolant Temp: 204deg
LTFT 1: 28.1%
LTFT 2: 28.9%
LTFT 3: -100.6%
LTFT 4: -100.6%
STFT 1: 2.9%
STFT 2: 7%
STFT 3: -100.6%
STFT 4: -100.6%
Speed: 69mph
Fuel System 1: Closed
Fuel System 2: Closed

That's all I could get off the reader. Need a more experienced eye to tell me what it might be.

I DO have an exhaust leak that makes a pretty noticeable "ticking" sound when running, but wondering if the data indicates another area of problems.

Thanks in advance!

ps. This was done using an Actron CP9175 reader (http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/actcp9175.html). I noticed it has a 9 pin connector on the top which, from my research, says it's for Internet updates. Does anyone know if this will also allow me to "download" the data off the reader to the computer??

Last edited by stateofidleness; 04-30-2011 at 07:11 PM.
stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:32 AM   #2

I had to chase down a 1126 code recently and used the Durmatric but the terminology for the various fuel trim levels doesn't match what you have from the generic scanner.

I'm guessing here but I think the two values you're listing of 28 and 29 percent might be saying the computer is trying to give the motor about 30% more fuel. The reason I'm saying that is 30% is the limit before it throws the code.

When I tracked down my problem I had the car smoke tested to locate vacuum leaks but fixing them didn't keep the code away. It would come back after a couple weeks. In my case a new MAF sensor at $277 totally fixed the car. You could try cleaning the MAF sensor but I tried that and it didn't work for me. Normally I don't favor throwing parts at the car to fix a problem but it would have saved me money compared to the other things I did before I broke down and bought a new MAF sensor.

Dale_K is offline   Reply With Quote