Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 05:32 AM   #21

more questions

I've tried with the battery charger hooked up which should have more than enough juice to pass any diagnostic. But I'll check the battery voltage once I get my voltmeter home from work. As for the throttle position sensor replacement, has there been other failures? Should i replace the entire throttle body instead? I've been driving this thing all weekend and every time except once, failed P1502. Once I clear codes it runs great for that key cycle. One more question, is the throttle body easy to get to?
Thanks.

BobX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobX
Thanks for the suggestion, Paul. I tried what you posted and after sitting for several minutes (4 to 5) I never heard the throttle motor. I'm guessing your suggestion has something to do with the electronic throttle control and learning minimum position (accelerator pedal or throttle blade?). Regardless, I tried a couple times and could not fix it. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I even tried disconnecting the battery for several hours. Thanks.
While performing the adaptation, keep cycling the key until you hear the motor on the Throttle Body engage (you should be able to hear the motor on the Throttle Body). I have read where this has taken a few turns of the key for some reason. Leave the key on for one minute, then turn the key off and remove from the ignition.

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #23

Pedros

as in pedrosgarage.com has an article on cleaning the throttle body which would help you locate it and tell you what the parts of it are. Anything chew any wires?
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #24

replace the throttle body??!!?
no way.
go here for a picture of the sensor.
http://www.theautopartsshop.com/auto+car-usa+parts/porsche+boxster+throttle-position-sensor.html

it is two bolts and a plug. follow the air intake tube from the air filter to the motor.
Where the plastic tube meets the motor is the location of the throttle.. look on the side of the throttle body to find the sensor. I would take it off and spray some electrical cleaner into it. Because it is a mechanical spring, it may just be gummed up.
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:39 AM   #25
2001 Boxster S

Sorry for resurrecting a very old thread. However, thesis he exact same situation I'm in and wanted to know how this was resolved.

Did the ignition thing work?
Did the egas relearn?
Did cleaning the TPS sort it out?
Did you have to change the throttle body?

Dgnarvs is offline   Reply With Quote