986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   My windsheild wiper fluid doesnt dispense! >:-/ (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/28533-my-windsheild-wiper-fluid-doesnt-dispense.html)

audisnawb 04-17-2011 05:33 AM

My windsheild wiper fluid doesnt dispense! >:-/

Anyone out there with a Bentley manual, etc have any idea where the motor is for the windshield wiper fluid pump?

My wipers work 100 percent, but the washer fluid doesn't jet.

I checked the fuse and all is well.

Thank You in advance.

:mad:

Dale_K 04-17-2011 11:31 AM

On my car, a 2000 S, the washer didn't work when I bought it and fluid leaked below the car whenever I tried to use it after filling the tank. Turned out there was a hose disconnected. I had to pull the left front wheel well liner and the detached hose was pretty obvious. I've read it's a pretty common issue.

audisnawb 04-17-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale_K
On my car, a 2000 S, the washer didn't work when I bought it and fluid leaked below the car whenever I tried to use it after filling the tank. Turned out there was a hose disconnected. I had to pull the left front wheel well liner and the detached hose was pretty obvious. I've read it's a pretty common issue.

Thanks for the insight. Unfortunately - the washer fluid is full when I pop the hood trunk and check- so I dont believe its a loose or disconnected hose. I will definitely check though.

Dale_K 04-18-2011 03:27 AM

On my car the tank was not empty but no fluid reached the windshield when I pulled the stalk. I could hear the pump running and see water on the garage floor. The pipe that was disconnected was the discharge from the pump. Maybe you have a different problem. The washer system components are under the battery cover and behind the fender liner.

audisnawb 04-18-2011 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale_K
On my car the tank was not empty but no fluid reached the windshield when I pulled the stalk. I could hear the pump running and see water on the garage floor. The pipe that was disconnected was the discharge from the pump. Maybe you have a different problem. The washer system components are under the battery cover and behind the fender liner.

Gotcha! I didn't see any fluid on the ground nor do I hear the pump running, so I really think the nature of the problem is either the pump itself or a connection to the pump. Ill have to see if I can find the pump by taking off the battery cover/fender liner.

:cheers:

audisnawb 04-19-2011 09:34 AM

Ordered an OEM Washer Pump from Pelican Parts today- Ill let you guys know if it fixes it!

Motobob 04-19-2011 02:40 PM

Last time I had my 2001S in for service in Dec, my crack mechanic tested it found it not working and found and cleared a blockage in the tubes. But if you do not hear the pump on then it perhaps is pump related. Bob