Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 04:58 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to audisnawb
CDR-220 CD function acting up?

Hey Guys- my radio is acting up. All controls and functions work perfectly, but when in CD Mode, when I go to change the song with the knob on the far right, it doesn't turn it to the next song forward. Sometimes it will but it takes about 5-10 turns of the knob, the songs jump all over the place, it will either replay the same song, or jump ahead or behind a couple songs.

I can confirm its NOT on random/shuffle play. Any thoughts? It just seems to be that one knob.

Very annoying!

PAST: 2000 986 Porsche Boxster Biarritz White on Sierra Beige
audisnawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #2

not to sound like a dik but it does sound exactly like RP is turned on.
tdurnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:04 PM   #3

Clean up the faceplate/HU contacts with alcohol and a Qtip. If heavily corroded, use a pencil eraser followed by the alcohol.

Cheers!
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #4

There's some sort of crud under the knob control and it's not making good contact.

Those stock decks are trash. Best thing I ever did was get rid of that Becker junk.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
Administrator

Cdr220

Quote:
Originally Posted by audisnawb
Hey Guys- my radio is acting up. All controls and functions work perfectly, but when in CD Mode, when I go to change the song with the knob on the far right, it doesn't turn it to the next song forward. Sometimes it will but it takes about 5-10 turns of the knob, the songs jump all over the place, it will either replay the same song, or jump ahead or behind a couple songs.

I can confirm its NOT on random/shuffle play. Any thoughts? It just seems to be that one knob.

Very annoying!
The CDR 220 has it's share of problems for sure. The knobs on those wear pretty badly after some time and have quite a few other issues as I'm sure many of you can relate to. Pelican Parts is in the process of putting together some DIY content for the CDR-220 radios because it seems many people are having a lot of the same issues with them. I will make it a point to try and get this on the priority list for technical DIY content. If there are any specific tech requests you would like to see just send me a P.M and I will put them on the list.

Trinidad at Pelican Parts is offline   Reply With Quote