Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
New Airbag came in...suppose to be black.

I just took delivery of my new leather airbag for my 2000 'S'. It was suppose to be black, the part # didn't match what we ordered. The color code was an A08 though which is suppose to be black.
I'm color blind but this looks like dark gray to me. Parts department is going to try to help. I'll report how it turns out and send pics of an actual black one 'if' they actually do help.

Attached Images

WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
2001 RUF 3800S

Make sure they will fix the problem. Sorry to say but it doesn't look good like that. Did your previous airbag deploy?
Old 02-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
I have a thing about cars and steering wheels feeling new. I got a deal on this leather and wood wheel to replace my 10 year old original one. I found a buyer for the original and then the vinyl bag didn't look right with the new leather and wood wheel. The gentleman who bought the original then bought the vinyl bag to help me offset the price for the new leather bag.
I was really looking forward to a perfect match. The textures are now the same but the color is far from black. I was really looking forward to getting the bag and it is beautiful, but yes you are right, it doesn't look right.
I had to push a little to get them to take this seriously. My parts guy is great and is checking into it...I wasn't so impressed with the help his management gave. Telling me all leathers come slightly different and if they got another it would just look the same. It amazes me how in so many instances the first response is to get the customer to except something the way it is. I'm glad it is on a credit card and the picture is obvious...along with the part number not matching what I ordered.
Hoping for a happy ending.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #4

Garage
I would not stand for that! You must have paid close to $1,000. Make them exchange it. I agree many businesses try to make you accept whatever they want to throw your way.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #5

That's definitely not black, more like dark gray.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver
I would not stand for that! You must have paid close to $1,000. Make them exchange it. I agree many businesses try to make you accept whatever they want to throw your way.
I agree with this statement. Those leather bags are high high dollar...They need to make it right for you!

'01 S - Guards Red / Beige - Surrendered - 04.18.12
jwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #7
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Good news is they have ordered a new bag for me. I'll post pics once it comes in...takes a long time to get these things from over seas. I guess a picture was worth a thousand words.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #8

Glad they took care of you. Just curious but what do those run?

'01 S - Guards Red / Beige - Surrendered - 04.18.12
jwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #9
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
> 800+ depending on where you go and who you know, I sold my old wheel and bag to make up for most of it. Crossing my fingers the new one comes in a perfect match.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:49 AM   #10

wow. i like your cluster panel with the silver ring highlights and the white face. looks awesome.