Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 12:55 AM   #1

Help with OBC enablement via Durametric on 2003 Boxster

Hi everyone,

I purchased the "Enthusiast" verison of Durametric bc I wanted to enable my OBC on my 2003 Boxster. It says on their website that it can enable the OBC. So I downloaded the latest version of the software (version 6) and hooked everything up. I found the "Enable OBC" option in the software and enabled it. The software now says that the OBC is enabled (when I try to click the button again).

But the issue is that nothing shows up in my dash display at all. I was expecting to see the outside temperature - but there is nothing. Has anyone done this on a 2003 - and is there something I am missing?

Lars
Novato, CA

'03 986, Seal Gray, De-snorkled, Painted Calipers, Alu pedals, smoked side markers, Non-smoker kit, DIY Garage door opener, dyed top
Tandrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:53 AM   #2

same here. i believe you have to install a 4-stalk or the switch hack. i too was a little disappointed because i thought it would pop on with something...
Old 02-04-2011, 05:33 AM   #3

Even though the system is “active”, you will not see any display until you connect up either the fourth stalk or some other type of control for the display. Only the early cars immediately got the outside temp display without the stalk.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:53 AM   #4

what is the cut-off year for immediate display?
Old 02-04-2011, 06:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA
Even though the system is “active”, you will not see any display until you connect up either the fourth stalk or some other type of control for the display. Only the early cars immediately got the outside temp display without the stalk.
Does anyone have a link to how the wiring should be done if I use a switch. I am just going to use one button and live with the fact that I can only scroll through the display "in one direction".

'03 986, Seal Gray, De-snorkled, Painted Calipers, Alu pedals, smoked side markers, Non-smoker kit, DIY Garage door opener, dyed top
Old 02-04-2011, 07:02 AM   #6

http://www.whiteson.org/boxster/mods/obc/
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T
what is the cut-off year for immediate display?

2000, if memory serves.............
Old 02-04-2011, 07:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Thanks a lot - does anyone know if the 2003 follows the 2001 Molex slots (pin 22 for scroll up and 24 for reset)? Or did it change btw 2001 and 2003?

Old 03-04-2011, 03:54 AM   #9

I'm seeing that later models of the 986 (and i would assume the 996 as well) will show nothing in the display until the stalk or other switch & wiring are completed. I take later models to mean 03 and 04 for sure, and then from reading between the lines prolly 02 and some 01's also. Having the pro version of the durametric would yeild the same result. None the less i'm thinking of getting it to enable cruise, play with other coding items and to be able to plug in as many cars as i car to. Pretty cool tool!

Last edited by alimar; 03-04-2011 at 03:56 AM.
alimar is offline   Reply With Quote