Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 12:05 PM   #1

Litronic points too far down

Recently installed litronics (w/out control unit) and the right beam is pointing too far down. I already maxed out the manual adjustment. My guess is that the internal adjustment motor is stopped in a non-optimal location. Does that sound legit and is this something that would be fixed by installing a control unit?

Old 07-20-2009, 01:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy
Recently installed litronics (w/out control unit) and the right beam is pointing too far down. I already maxed out the manual adjustment. My guess is that the internal adjustment motor is stopped in a non-optimal location. Does that sound legit and is this something that would be fixed by installing a control unit?

No retrofit for the control module, make sure you are going in the correct direction, I found a set of factory directions that were the reverse of the way my litronics adjusted. It's hard to conceive of you being at the high limit and still pointing low.

PS Make sure to follow the rest of the factory directions regarding weighting the divers seat and distance from overhead door you are using as projection screen.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #3

This time I adjusted the beam to point all the way down and from one extreme to the other there was actually little change in the illumination. Upon reaching the far end of the adjustment range there was a plastic pop sound and the lens jolted up. The vertical control works well now. Something inside must have been out of whack.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy
This time I adjusted the beam to point all the way down and from one extreme to the other there was actually little change in the illumination. Upon reaching the far end of the adjustment range there was a plastic pop sound and the lens jolted up. The vertical control works well now. Something inside must have been out of whack.

Good, glad your persistence was rewarded, as for the adjusters, my litronics were brand new and one had to be returned. Clearly, it's not the most robust design.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #5

You might try tweaking the other adusters as well. I experienced a similar problem with my headlights (running out of adjustment range) but as I made changes to the left/right, suddenly I got more up/down capability. Give it a try, it took a combination of adjustments to get my lights where I wanted them.

res1afbe is offline   Reply With Quote