Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 06:05 AM   #1

Broken bumperette mount

I think my other tread is dead about me wrecking my car in a ditch and into some trees and somehow didn't hurt the car minus a few scratches.

My owners manual says that there is access to a rear tow hook hole behind the license plate. When I took mine off, there was nothing there. I then removed both bumperettes and there was nothing there as well. It was getting dark an I wanted to get the car out so we put the tow rope through the bumperette mounts. While pulling it out, the ride side mount broke off so now I can't put my right side bumperette on until I fix it.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? I did a search and it looks like the mount is riveted on? Whats my best options here? Take the back bumper off and just weld it back together? Call Porsche and get a replacement? Or take off the left side and fill in the holes in the bumper?

And then my question is, where is the rear tow hook? Do I have a replacement bumper that never had the hole cut out?

Thanks, Jake

Old 01-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #2

Garage
I believe the rear tow hook is behind the license plate, as far as a bumperette. I forget how those mounts hold onto the bumper but you could just pull the bumper skin off and have a look. if the mount for the bumper part broke or the bolt broke you should be able to get one pretty cheap from any of the dismantlers. along with any of those pieces including a whole new bumper.

maybe you can weld it on... or maybe you can do a bumperette delete... either way you have some options.

Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote