View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 06:05 AM   #1
Jake D

Broken bumperette mount

I think my other tread is dead about me wrecking my car in a ditch and into some trees and somehow didn't hurt the car minus a few scratches.

My owners manual says that there is access to a rear tow hook hole behind the license plate. When I took mine off, there was nothing there. I then removed both bumperettes and there was nothing there as well. It was getting dark an I wanted to get the car out so we put the tow rope through the bumperette mounts. While pulling it out, the ride side mount broke off so now I can't put my right side bumperette on until I fix it.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? I did a search and it looks like the mount is riveted on? Whats my best options here? Take the back bumper off and just weld it back together? Call Porsche and get a replacement? Or take off the left side and fill in the holes in the bumper?

And then my question is, where is the rear tow hook? Do I have a replacement bumper that never had the hole cut out?

Thanks, Jake