Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #1

looking for torque in all the wrong places

I'm looking for torque specs for the 2.7 L and 3.2 L engines from MY00 to MY04. Dyno graphs would be nice too. I found the HP specs in Mike Focke's info but I'm coming up empty with other searches for torque.

Can anyone help this newb?

baxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:38 AM   #2

I found a couple of graphs in the back of my 2000 S owner's manual. Sorry for the crummy scans.

Dale_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #3

why i'm looking

Thanks Dale. You can trust the Germans to give you good info in the manual. This will help in my decision in what year and S/base to look for.

So for MY00 to MY02 the S has about 15% more hp and 18% more torque than the base box, and makes as much torque at 2200 rpm as the base's peak torque at 4800 rpm.

Dale, could you go and buy a MY03 and scan those pages too? Ok, maybe I'll go look at one today to see the manual.

Yesterday I drove an 02 S Tip. Loved the power, not so much the Tip. It was a cool nor-cal day (~40 F). I found myself doing a few tank slappers .

baxster is offline   Reply With Quote