986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Porsche is laughing at people that say this... (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/27417-porsche-laughing-people-say.html)

cas951 01-07-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jditom
I can buy a 911 but I wanted a Boxster S.
By choice not amount of money :cheers:

Same here. My problem is the 911 I would want are limited to three models.
997TT, GT2, GT3. I really don't care for the other 911 models.

WhipE350 01-07-2011 09:19 PM

Thanks!

I hadn't logged on since last night, appreciate all the good reads! It would seem even Porsche knew the 986/987 wasn't an after thought to just pay the bills, seems the engineers got the last laugh, even without dipping into the 911 power range and upsetting 911 owners they are now able to demand $73k for and 'S' and it seems worth it!

Stopped by BumperPlugs today and talked with Eric for over an hour, impressed me so much I got plugs for the bumper, driver door, having bumperettes painted Guards Red, and bought a brand new steering wheel (three spoke leather and wood), gave me great deal. Installed the steering wheel tonight and love the grip the wood provides. Anybody wanting to switch to 3 spoke I have my old one with 54k miles on it (no airbag)...oh and have 3 pics.

Double :cheers: :cheers:

eightsandaces 01-07-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cas951
Same here. My problem is the 911 I would want are limited to three models.
997TT, GT2, GT3. I really don't care for the other 911 models.

I like the GT2 and GT3 as well but in reality how much can one experience those cars without a track pass? Everything would be more expensive to repair, especially if you go ceramic carbon brakes. I'm sure the low end blast off torque missing in a 2.5 would be intoxicating but it would come at the expense of handling, fuel economy and cost huge dollars. On some of those cars, the rear wing is just too big for my tastes, I like the "disappearing act" spoiler on our cars, rather than the Indy 500 unit, as for the new GT3 rear fender, hip graphics, hate them....

Flavor 987S 01-08-2011 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eightsandaces
Everything would be more expensive to repair, especially if you go ceramic carbon brakes.

PCCB's stand for Porsche Ceramic Composit Brakes......not ceramic carbon. FYI.

For most drivers, the rotors will never need replacing (very expensive if they require replacement, several thousands $$$$). Brake pads cost about double, but last about 4 x's longer. So, I disagree with your statement regarding maintenance and repairs. Plus your wheels stay very-very clean.:)