Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #1

01 S Tip stalled while driving.. HELP?

hi, i've had nothing but problems with my car.. about 1 yr ago, my engine oil and coolant intermixed so had to replace engine.. just last month, replaced the AOS.. after a couple weeks the check engine came on.. i didn't think much of it since it comes on now and then (more due to MAF previously which i changed).. last week, i was driving and it stalled.. i used my iphone 3gs and kiwi code reader and it gave out codes p0410 and p1141. secondary yadda yadda.. i called the place that did the AOS job and he said it could be a myriad of things, but doesn't think it's related to the job. nice enough to take a look at it.. but only way i can get car there is to tow it 30 miles.. i can't start.. the engine sounds like it's going to turn, i hear the fan coming on, but it won't catch ignition.. i disconnected negative terminal to reset CEL to see if it'll help.. no dice.

so now i have to take this thing to the place but wondering if anyone can help here given the circumstances.. how can i start my car? so situation again, just got AOS job done (the car was fuming like it was a bomb prior to the job so maybe something got contaminated.. the air filter was soaked with oil i guess.. but AOS guy said o2 sensor and everything else looked okay while changing AOS). 2 weeks later, CEL came on and with my dinky code reader got p0410 and p1141.. is there any way i can get my car started to take it to this guy?

thanks in advance.

culture9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #2

Garage
Ummmm...Quote "...the air filter was soaked with oil i guess". Impossible to have the AOS contaminate the air filter, the AOS vents into the intake manifold. My $.02, you say you had the engine changed out because of an obvious cracked head or block. Go back and question the ones that swapped out your engine, I'm sure it wasn't cheap.

CEL's, AOS and ignition problems? I'd be camping on their doorstep. Good luck.