Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #21

Maybe consider

a low mileage '05 with decent options and get the IMS done immediately. So you have to pay $1.5-3k for the LN IMS, you are saving $15k on the '05 versus the '08 and have the same basic styling and the no IMS-inner-seal design by taking this approach. The '05 is usually the easiest/cheapest IMS replacement there is on a 987. (I say usually because there are rare exceptions.)

Recall that in 2012 there will be a new model out...probably available mid 2011 so any 987 will be one model dated almost immediately. That means a drop in value for the 987s so you have to be careful not to overpay when buying any current model.

If you are looking for a CPO, look very carefully at the transferability of the CPO. "Once the covered vehicle is traded or sold to any non-authorized dealer or commercial broker, this warranty is void."

Good luck....

mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile31
Matt,

That is exactly what I am looking for. CPO would be a huge bonus, maybe even a necessity with the IMS issue.

Did you buy from a dealer or private? Where in PA are you? There was an 05 that recently sold at Rosen.

John

John, I'm in Central Bucks. I got the car from a Porsche dealer in the midwest and had it shipped to me. I did a lot of research for about three months and found this to be far and away the best deal. Comparable cars both from dealers and private owners were more like 34-36k which seemed overpriced to me. Research + Patience = good deal most every time. Matt

Cardinalcreek is offline   Reply With Quote