Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 03:00 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
Trading in my Boxster

After driving my 02 2.7L Boxster for the last three and a half years I'm trading it in on an 02 3.6L Carrera Cabrio. I found one that's the same year and color as my boxster. I feel a bit like the 986 traitor but I gotta admit I'm pretty stoked. It's been a life long dream to own a 911 and I'm totally looking forward it. I'm transferring it from San Diego and should get it in 21 days! It's got 37K miles on it and seems to be in great shape. It'll get a good look over once it gets here.

:dance: I may just keep my Boxster though

Here's some pics...

:dance:

02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #2

Congrats! No need to apologize for fulfilling a dream.

Looks like SD CarMax is loaded with Porsches.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #3

i did the move last year and i love it... it was a dream come true!
mikes_box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #4

Nice car!

If only it didn't come with the M96...

Cheers!
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:43 AM   #5
JTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster
Looks like SD CarMax is loaded with Porsches.
San Diego seems to have a high Porsche concentration. I was at the Porsche dealer on Miramar and they had one of the biggest Porsche inventories I've seen.
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:59 AM   #6

Those seats look like they just came from the factory!

She's a beauty!
Highlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:32 AM   #7

I dunno...A Carrera without lines of the hardtop, particularly from the back, is sorta like buying a Lamborghini but not getting a V12. But given where you will be driving it, I guess its like a Carrera that will fit right in. I think that's the best front end design of any of the Carreras. I have never been a fan of the round headlights of the 911, too VW-Beetle-esque for my taste. I would have been 'stoked' if Porsche had moved into the Carrera GT direction for headlights. But I get the sense that average non-GT Carrera buyer is slanting older and older and retro appears to be what they like. Growing up I always thought the 928 and 944 and even the 968 had very modern forward looking lines, would have been great to see a progression of that stream. If I could only choose one on looks I'd have to go with 996 GT3 RSR. But the 996 C4S with the flared fenders is also a great design.

Now, If I too were enjoying year round perfect weather I'd be looking into the Boxster Spyder in a few years (I would never buy new). One of the car magazines named it the best handling car on the market (sub $100K) and near if not the top of the list for Porsche's best. Nearly perfect 10's on all its scores, even netting the quickest times in two sectors of their test track against the Z06.
Got my eye on that one. Can't imagine how much better it would be with some R-comps, motons and maybe an eninge upgrade.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 10-12-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:59 AM   #8

Tim, I understand the desire to get a 911, but I must say that if you sell your boxster (and you probably will considering the 911 is a cab) I will still remain your friend, but it's going to be under duress.

Of course, when I finally save up and get my dream car, a CPO 997TT w/PDK, you can say "right back atcha!" :dance:

Congratulations. It's really a beautiful car and I bet it will have gobs more torque than your boxster. Be careful on FM 2222!

If I were you, I'd save up and do the IMS retrofit on it ASAP.

BTW, I would have driven it from SD... the weather's great for it right now and it would have been a really fun couple of days on the open road with the top down!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #9

looks great. Those rims look great but are a pain in the butt to clean.
dallison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #10

Your garage will look killer with those 2 inside. I am betting you DONT sell it.
97 Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #11

Got it yet?

Congrats on the Carrera. I have been wanting one myself. I'm probably gonna wait until I can get the 997 C4s in the low 30s. I love those. Enjoy it. Let us how if the handling is better than the boxster.

19" MHT Rims
Evo Intake, De-Snorkeled
CVstarBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote