Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 04:51 PM   #1

Cheapest online company or state to buy Mercury Insurance Auto Extended Warranty?

I have decided to buy a Mercury Insurance Extended Warranty after talking with several reputable dealers and independent service companies. Since the extended warranty is identical coverage no matter where I buy it, I was wondering what state typically offers the cheapest policies or more specifically which company (contact name and phone # would be ideal).

I don’t want this thread to get hijacked on whether my decision to buy or not to buy a 3rd party warranty. That decision is made. I am now looking at the least expensive place to buy this particular Mercury Insurance coverage.

If you have a person and company name for me to contact, you can email me at tampaone@gmail.com

I am located in Florida but think it will be much cheaper if I can buy it out of state…

Thanks in advance...

atwnsw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #2

unless i'm wrong, your contract would be governed by (and rate determined by) your home state. i don't think you would be able to buy the contract in a state you are not a resident of or everyone would do it.

though it's not the same thing, that would be like me getting my auto insurance in oklahoma instead of maryland because the rate would be less.

if i'm wrong please let us know. i'm sure a few members would be interested in hearing.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #3

I have purchased extended auto warranties from out of state parties before.

Pretty sure it was a manufacturer warranty (infiniti) but not 100% sure.

atwnsw2 is offline   Reply With Quote