Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #1

Welcome a new sponsor - Klisstle

Welcome to Derek Brown of Klisstle who makes roll bar overlays. Visit his site by clicking on one of the ad banners.

rkwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #2

I like his product, I look forward to seeing what other items he has in the pipeline.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:11 AM   #3

Got a set

Hey Guys,

I just got a set from Klisstle recently, the parts arrived extremely well packaged. I'm in the process of painting them at the moment to my exterior Biarritz white. It's exactly what I been looking for since I have been very reluctant to pull off the roll bars or to mask the car off to paint the hoops.

Great product Derek, I am excited to get the finished pieces back. Will share some photos once I have them installed!
trieullionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:47 AM   #4

And I'm waiting until he offers them pre-painted.
CenterIsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:58 AM   #5
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Thanks

eightsandaces,

Thanks for the nice words. I'm really excited about upcoming products. It takes a while to develop them but they will be worth the wait.

trieullionaire,

Thanks very much. Looking forward to seeing your transformed roll bar!

CenterIsl,

Thanks for your continued interest. I'm sending you a PM.

Derek
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:14 AM   #6

bumperette overlays come to mind...

door edge protector overlays...

interior door handle overlays...

door pocket lid over lays...
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:17 AM   #7
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Arctic Silver

Yesterday I received these pictures of a customer's AS 2004 S with KLISSTLE Overlays. Thought it looked really nice!

Old 03-24-2011, 02:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
bumperette overlays come to mind...

door edge protector overlays...

interior door handle overlays...

door pocket lid over lays...
I 2nd the bumperette overlay. I've had mine professionally painted and they will eventually get damaged from road rash and weather. Having an overlay would mean easy change outs if they got wrecked.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #9
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
New Pictures

I just wanted to post some new pics of customer's cars featuring my roll bar overlays.

The first is just one in Guards Red. I wish I had more pics.

The next are before and after in Seal Gray.

Others:

Check out my site: www.klisstle.com if interested.

Send me a PM or an email: derek@klisstle.com for any questions.

Thanks,

ddb

Last edited by ddb; 06-10-2011 at 06:47 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:21 AM   #10
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Contrasting Colors

Hi All:

I wanted to share some pictures of my car when I was considering going with a color other than body color on my roll bar overlays. My thought was to do the roll bar overlays in GT Silver Metallic to match the paint on my wheels. I didn't have a set of overlays painted in GT Silver Metallic, but I mocked this set of flat, aluminum-looking overlays onto the car just to try to get an idea if I would like it. I liked it a lot, but went with body color because I often think about painting the spokes of my wheels black. So for you more adventurous types, a contrasting color is an option.

If anyone is interested, I have a set of overlays already finished in Arctic Silver and another set in Midnight Blue. PM me for details. These pictures don't do them justice. They are truly beautiful!

Thanks,

ddb
Old 06-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb
Hi All:
If anyone is interested, I have a set of overlays already finished in Arctic Silver and another set in Midnight Blue. PM me for details. These pictures don't do them justice. They are truly beautiful!
ddb
Great work Derek!

Last edited by madmods; 06-22-2011 at 10:37 AM.
madmods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #12
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Derek, I actually think I like the silver on your car better then the white. That silver would have gone good on my car too. I probably should have stopped by and tried out the Arctic on mine....though if Eric paints mine in the same quality he did my bumperettes I know the Guards red will be perfect. Looking forward to getting them.

Do you recommend any particular shop in Charlotte to powder coat wheels? I found several but would like to know if anyone has experience with any of them. I can drop Eric and email too.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #13
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Decisions

If I would have had a set painted in GT Silver Metallic I probably would have gone with them.

I dropped your overlays off to Eric this morning.

I do know of a place that powder coats wheels locally. I had these OE wheels off of a 2000 S powder coated back in 2005. I will have to find the contact information. I will PM it to you tomorrow.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #14
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Dang those are sweet, are they 17s like mine (mine that are for sale with tires sitting in my basement ) or 18s. What did you end up doing with them? The ones on your car now are very nice too, I certainly wouldn't change back
Old 06-23-2011, 06:50 AM   #15
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Yep, they are OE, Boxster S, 17" wheels just like yours. I bought them from a guy in FL and had them coated. Kind of a funny story: I later saw the guy that sold me the wheels on a MTV show with Hulk Hogan.

They sat around for a year or so after I bought my 19's. I thought I would use them for long road trips since they rode so well with the smaller diameter. But, I never used them again. They had new Michelin Pilot Sports on them so I thought I better sell them before the tires aged too much. I listed them on Craigslist and ended up selling them to a racer in Raleigh. He had a couple of 928's, 944's, etc.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #16
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
I couldn't find a buyer, I'll repost. Maybe someone will come along and want them this time.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:31 AM   #17
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
KLISSTLE Sale for July

All:

I'm happy to announce that I will be offering a 20% discount on my Klisstle Roll Bar Overlays for 986 Boxsters for the entire month of July, 2011. The discount doesn't apply to the painted overlays listed above and elsewhere. It does apply to unpainted overlays ordered directly from my site: www.klisstle.com

To take advantage of this offer, look for the Coupon code box in the shopping cart and enter the following: "986ROLLBAR" and then hit the apply button. You should see the discounted price.

Remember the overlays are unpainted, so if you are the DIY type, you can paint them yourself. Or, you can have them painted by your local, trusted body shop. Finally, I can facilitate having them painted locally in Charlotte so they will arrive ready for installation.

Send me an email if you have any questions. derek@klisstle.com

Thanks,

Derek
Old 07-02-2011, 03:24 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb
All:

I'm happy to announce that I will be offering a 20% discount on my Klisstle Roll Bar Overlays for 986 Boxsters for the entire month of July, 2011. The discount doesn't apply to the painted overlays listed above and elsewhere. It does apply to unpainted overlays ordered directly from my site: www.klisstle.com

To take advantage of this offer, look for the Coupon code box in the shopping cart and enter the following: "986ROLLBAR" and then hit the apply button. You should see the discounted price.

Remember the overlays are unpainted, so if you are the DIY type, you can paint them yourself. Or, you can have them painted by your local, trusted body shop. Finally, I can facilitate having them painted locally in Charlotte so they will arrive ready for installation.

Send me an email if you have any questions. derek@klisstle.com

Thanks,

Derek

Are they now offered pre painted?
Old 07-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #19
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
"Are they now offered pre painted?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb

smshirk,

No, sorry. Unfortunately I can't afford to sit on a batch of painted product at this time. The painted overlays that I have listed above and elsewhere were done early on while developing the product.

I can however facilitate having them painted and will be happy to do so. Send me an email (derek@klisstle.com) and we can discuss it further if you're still interested.

Thanks,

Derek
Old 07-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #20
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
The Arctic Silver Overlays in Post # 10 are Sold

The Midnight Blue set are still available.

Thanks,

ddb