Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 10:01 PM   #1

temperature gauge light and low fuel gauge light both on?!

Hello All,

My 2000 Boxster S has 69,900 miles on it now and recently was leaking coolant and had a check engine light on. The codes that came out were P1126 and P1133. I took it into the shop and had had the car diagnosed and fixed. The shop replaced the MAF and found that the coolant tank was leaking at the overflow valve. The shop replaced both the MAF and the coolant tank.

I left the shop with the car and check engine light was off and I thought the problem was solved. However, at night time, I noticed that the Temperature gauge was solidly lighted and the low fuel light was solidly lighted. I did not notice it during earlier during the day because both those gauge lights are ONLY on when the boxster's headlight are turned on.

In my dark garage with my headlights off, the two gauge lights are both not lighted. However, when I turn the boxster's headlights on, the temperature and fuel gauge lights immediately go on. Does anybody know what the problem is/if there is a problem? I never noticed these light going on before when I turned on the headlights. Does it have anything to do with the coolant tank or MAF being replaced?

Please any help is appreciated!! Thanks in advanced![/IMG]

merkman320 is offline   Reply With Quote