Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2005, 12:07 PM   #1

boxster repair manual

does anyone have any idea where to purchase a 1997 boxster repair manual.

the autozones and checker's do not carry.

i also am looking for some help to replace the wording "boxster" on the rear hatch of my car. it looks like the beginning of the letter "b" was broken off. how is the emblem attached to car and how to remove and replace?

thanks

bruce

bmyslis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 12:28 PM   #2

Bruce:

1. Repair manuals can be had on Ebay... I see them all the time. Do inquire as to what they cover, if they're paper or in PDF format on a disk, and if they're in PDF format if you can do word searches (a parts catalog I have for my boxster in PDF is all pictures and the type cannot be recognized... forcing me to look through all 350 pages every time I need something!).

2. The boxster badge can be had at the dealership for $18 or so. Choose your color, black, silver or matte silver. I never had one on mine and think it's stealthy—some folks come up and ask me what on earth I am driving because it has no badge on the back. I like that.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 07:33 AM   #3

The "Boxster" emblem is adhesive-backed, so it justs sticks on.
Some folks say to use dental floss to saw your way through the adhesive, then something like "Goof Off" to remove the remaining adhesive from the paint.
The little tail on the "B" broke off on mine too, but I was able to stick it back on without too much trouble.
You have to be really careful when washing/polishing in this area, because the cloth will snag, and goodbye emblem.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:11 AM   #4

I'm with Randall; the car is "stealthier" without the decal. In the parking lot on post I heard one guy ask his friend, "What kind of car is that?" as I drove past. His friend replied "Looks like a Porsche...sounds like a Porsche too." I think that the intrigue makes my car more distinct, as it isn't tattooed with plastic badges and decals like other cars.

MCR429 is offline   Reply With Quote