Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #1

Garage
Need help with engine error codes on 99 Boxster

I have the following engine error P-codes:

P0102 (Mass air flow sensor, short to ground/below lower limit/ lean mixture threshold)

P1124 (fuel pump relay output stage, short to ground/below lower limit/lean mixture)

P1126 (oxygen sensing adaptation, lower load range, cyl. 1-3, short to B+/above upper limit/ rich mixture threshold.)

I would be immensely grateful to anyone who has ideas on where to start. Thank you soooo much!

Colby

99 2.5L Boxster: 135,800 miles, AVIC-Z2 In-dash navigation/DVD receiver w/bypass switch, made and installed Pedro's hi flow air intake, custom laser engraved wind-stop, hacked convertible top relay, de snorkeled.
Pianohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #2

First thing I would do would be to hook the car up to my Durametric tool, and see what the MAF sensor reads at idle, and at the high rpm point, and see if the values are inside or outside of spec.

If they are all in spec, then I would look at the O2 sensors being the cause, or trying to track down an air leak on the indicated cylinder bank.

BC.

'98 Silver Boxster, '08 Ducati 848, '89 Honda Hawk GT, '89 Honda Pacific Coast
Bladecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #3

In all the intake and throttle body work

did the MAF get disconnected, the connection somehow damaged, the intake somehow compromised to allow an air leak, the MAF itself damaged, something get in to short out the MAF?

The P11xx series can be caused by a bad MAF reading. The P0102 code is so specific that there is a short or damaged wiring that I guess that is where I start.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #4

Garage
Thanks for the replies. I'll test/clean the MAF sensor this week and if that doesn't help then I'll check out he 02 sensors.
99 2.5L Boxster: 135,800 miles, AVIC-Z2 In-dash navigation/DVD receiver w/bypass switch, made and installed Pedro's hi flow air intake, custom laser engraved wind-stop, hacked convertible top relay, de snorkeled.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:29 AM   #5

How'd that work out for you?
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:11 AM   #6

Garage
not well, now the engine light's going on immediately, even if I disconnect the battery. lol