Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 06:43 AM   #1

Need help with trouble codes.

The car is a 97 Boxter with around 116k miles. I just replaced two 02 sensors after the cats because of codes the car was giving me. Now after a weekend trip and a couple hundred miles the check engine light reappears and is giving me the following codes.

P1411 Secondary Air Injection Cyl 4-6
P1121 O2S heater 2 behind cat. converter Cyl. 1-3
P1117 O2S Heater 1 Behind cat converter 1-3
P1126 O2S Sensing Range 1 Cyl. 4-6

Thank you for any help provided.

The car seems to be running fine so no noticable problems from driving, but I would like to take care of any issues.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:02 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylka
The car is a 97 Boxter with around 116k miles. I just replaced two 02 sensors after the cats because of codes the car was giving me. Now after a weekend trip and a couple hundred miles the check engine light reappears and is giving me the following codes.

P1411 Secondary Air Injection Cyl 4-6
P1121 O2S heater 2 behind cat. converter Cyl. 1-3
P1117 O2S Heater 1 Behind cat converter 1-3
P1126 O2S Sensing Range 1 Cyl. 4-6

Thank you for any help provided.

The car seems to be running fine so no noticable problems from driving, but I would like to take care of any issues.
P1121 is for the throttle position sensor. For the P1117 code, the heater could be bad, or the wiring/connector could have problems -- start with this code first. Check the resistance of the bank 2 downstream sensor's heater and compare it to the bank 1 sensor that's throwing the code for starters.

The P1411 and P1126 are possibly related since the SAI air volume is measured by the O2 sensors. Start chasing down all the SAI components with the pump being first (it's the easiest) by disconnecting it and checking the resistance of the pump (should be no more than 1-2 ohms).

Also, I sent you a PM.

Regards,
paul...

Last edited by paulv; 08-20-2010 at 04:05 AM. Reason: added info
paulv is offline   Reply With Quote